Hello, I am definately new to this phone

zoocrewmom

Reaction score
I accidentally wiped out my contact list. But when someone texts me it shows their names. But I cant find it anywhere. I don't want to reload all that info again...Any thoughts?

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Should be able to resync your contact in settings.

Sent from my Droid

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I accidentally wiped out my contact list. But when someone texts me it shows their names. But I cant find it anywhere. I don't want to reload all that info again...Any thoughts?

First, you do realize this is a google phone, correct? Your contacts are always backed up in your gmail account.

But from what it sounds like to me is they are currently on your SD card. Go to contacts/menu button/import-export and import from SD card. I'll bet you will find them all there.

Then don't forget to sync your phone with your gmail account. That is what backs up your contacts.

OP
Z

zoocrewmom

Reaction score
Yes I realize it is google. I was setting up the gmail when I noticed the contact list was empty. I have tried to pull from card. It is set to sync but nothing is there. Man it took my forever to load my contacts I don't wanna do it again :(

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes I realize it is google. I was setting up the gmail when I noticed the contact list was empty. I have tried to pull from card. It is set to sync but nothing is there. Man it took my forever to load my contacts I don't wanna do it again :(

When you go to type a name in like when setting up a text is it recognizing the name and offering suggestions?

From what it sounded like in you original post it sure seems like it's on the card. You did try the export to phone thing, right?