another newbie has joined the Droid 2 world!!

urseddy

Reaction score
I am loving this...yet getting frustrated at times. Losing volume on phone calls for no reason (searched google and took advice to restor to factory settings - that worked) and now some of my contacts are listed as null. When I open the contact it shows all the right info, but on the contact list no names - just the word "null". Any suggestions for a fix are most appreciated!!

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the community and feel free to make yourself at home. First I have heard of this happening tho. Have you tried a battery pull since you restored settings?

Sent from my Liberated D2

Jboxen

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Maybe try running backup assistant? Also if your haveing call issues, turn off voice privacy in sound settings. That should improve call quality.

Reaction score
Welcome bro. I joined a few months back (the same day I got my first android phone) and everyone here is incredibly helpful and awesome. I learned how to root and flash custom roms. Recover my phone, and all that good stuff, and much more, in a matter of weeks, and everyone was very patient and helpful, so you can expect the same kind of treatment, you'll love it here!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

OP
U

urseddy

Reaction score
Thank you!!

Thanks to all who responded!! I unlinked my LinedIn profile and voila....my contacts were no longer null - however I did have to add back a few contacts that mysteriously disappeared (and were in my original phone contact list....like my daughter!!) :blink:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks to all who responded!! I unlinked my LinedIn profile and voila....my contacts were no longer null - however I did have to add back a few contacts that mysteriously disappeared (and were in my original phone contact list....like my daughter!!) :blink:

Go into your contacts and settings. Find the import/export button. Import from SD card. I'll bet you'll find it there.

Also if you're ready for some Gingerbread you can get that over here: Droid 2 Gingerbread (2.3.3) - Release Thread

It's yummy!

OP
U

urseddy

Reaction score
No Vcard file found on the SD card??

Just tried the suggestion, Hookbill, and the message noted above appeared...what is a Vcard file and how do I get one!!!