Hello Everyone from an old geek

sniperscope

Reaction score
Hello everyone: I might be one of older gents joing this forum. I'll be 60 soon but I love this stuff. I recently dived into learning/trying to understand and attempted to do some minor hacks on my Droid. I got tether to work (Man I love that). Bottom line I installed a new setup I did not like and it took me awhile to research and re-install the factory image. Now that I'm past that I would like to do the following:

1- Over clock my Droid.

2- Install a new customer theme.

When I started the process last night I noticed that at some point while installing BusyBox I received an access denied response. At the moment I have not been able to figure out why. I must be missing a step somewhere and could use a little help.
Regards to all.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone: I might be one of older gents joing this forum. I'll be 60 soon but I love this stuff. I recently dived into learning/trying to understand and attempted to do some minor hacks on my Droid. I got tether to work (Man I love that). Bottom line I installed a new setup I did not like and it took me awhile to research and re-install the factory image. Now that I'm past that I would like to do the following:

1- Over clock my Droid.

When I started the process last night I noticed that at some point while installing BusyBox I received an access denied response. At the moment I have not been able to figure out why. I must be missing a step somewhere and could use a little help.
Regards to all.

:welcome: to the Droid Forums. I'm probably not the best person at giving out hacking information, but what I would suggest you do is to go to www.droidmod.net and download DMupdater to at least root your phone. That has everything in it already like SPRecovery and Busy Box and you can see it actually in progress while the phone is rooting.

Of course you may very well want to do it on your own and since this is your first post you may not get the assistance needed in this section. Let me know if you want the post moved to hacks and I will do that for you so you can get better information.

MotoDroid

Reaction score
Welcome Sniperscope! So you got your sights (Pun intended) set on Modding your droid? Well you will find lots of that here....personally I'm using blackdroids 7.8 and really like it. But bugless beast and droidmod and many others are good too. For the record I'm 43..... sort of an old guy...;)

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

1- Over clock my Droid.

Regards to all.

Welcome, sniperscope! Heck, age is just a number and you'd have to go a ways to be the oldest guy on this forum. We have one gentleman who's 86! So now that you're a kid again, come on in and make yourself at home! We're all totally obsessed with our Droids!

OP
S

sniperscope

Reaction score
OMG now I have a live wallpaper along with a slightly over clocked Droid! Life is good lol. Thanks for pointing the way. My education continues.
Regards to all.