Hello All

ednaz1

Reaction score
Hello, my name is ednaz1 and. I have a Droid Bionic, my first smart phone. Previously, I had been using a not too smart Blackberry. I've had the phone for about a year and a half and have had fairly good luck with it. My wife liked it so much, she got a bionic about six months ago. She set her's up similar too my setup. Then she ran into a problem with an app called market downloader which has been using a large amount of data. I don't have that problem on my phone. I googled it and found a link to this forum. Hopefully, someone can help me figure out what is going on.

Thanks,
ednaz1:biggrin:

Dalvik_Cache

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey, welcome to the forums! Let me ask you this: Did you guys do the Jelly Bean update on both phones? Also, is the phone rooted? If you are one JB, you can go into applications and disable it, assuming its not a system app.

OP
E

ednaz1

Reaction score
Hey, welcome to the forums! Let me ask you this: Did you guys do the Jelly Bean update on both phones? Also, is the phone rooted? If you are one JB, you can go into applications and disable it, assuming its not a system app.

Hi, thanks for helping out. The OS on both phones were recently updated as directed to 4.1.2. As far as I know, neither phone is rooted.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Welcome aboard!

Did you try to uninstall or disable the app like MandyMakesApps suggested?

OP
E

ednaz1

Reaction score
As far as I know, we do not have the jelly bean app on either phone. We did not download that app. We were however required to upgrade our operating systems to 4.2.1.

Dalvik_Cache

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sorry, the OS is 4.1.2.

That is Jelly Bean. Jelly Bean is the name of Android 4.1, not an app. If you go into settings, apps, then you should be able to disable apps.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to Droid Forums!! Hopefully you will be able to disable the trouble app, let us know how you make out.