helix 1...slow?

sportadic22

Reaction score
ive been running the newest Jrummy rom and for the most part up til like last 6 days or so... the helix 1 has been really slow... it seems like almost every time im in a menu or program or game... when i come out of it back to the home page the homepage is blank...and takes idk up to like 5-30 seconds to load icons.. during this process my phone is basically locked up.

anyone else have this issudancedroide...on this rom or any other rom and may of found a solution

ten2o3

Reaction score
YES, i have been having this problem too. Everything was great since the day it 5.0.6.2 came out. I've run fix permissions, deleted launcher 2, tried different set cpu speeds, enabled jit, disabled jit, and i still have a huge lag when returning ' home'. It's driving me nuts! This always seems to happen when I've been on one particular rom for an extended period of time, not sure why but it is annoying.
Hope someone can help us. And hoping 5.0.7 comes out soon:)

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm using the same ROM with helix 1 and have never had these issues. Maybe a third party app is slowing things down?

DroidDoc

Reaction score
Yes, have same issue, but also adding apps, is there a good way to figure out which apps might be the issue?

OP
sportadic22

sportadic22

Reaction score
atleast i know im not the only one now haha... now for a solution :/

Reaction score
Yeah, same problem here. I would switch to another home screen, but I had already deleted the other two. It drives me nuts. Is there any way to add the other home screens back so I can switch to the original?

hennbc

Reaction score
i was having the same problem when i would go home it would take days to load. i went into the spare parts section, and scroll all the way down to the bottom and uncheck "launcher rotation" so the launcher will not auto orientate. not sure if this was what fixed it, but eversince i did it my phone was been running as smooth as eggs. Hopefully this helps!

Reaction score
i was having the same problem when i would go home it would take days to load. i went into the spare parts section, and scroll all the way down to the bottom and uncheck "launcher rotation" so the launcher will not auto orientate. not sure if this was what fixed it, but eversince i did it my phone was been running as smooth as eggs. Hopefully this helps!
Thanks for the advice, that worked perfectly!! My phone's finally fast again!! :)

EDIT: Scratch that, my phone is just as slow as ever. I think we really need an update in order to fully fix this.

NewDroidOrder

Reaction score
all the Helix launchers are slow when returning to home. in one ROM i used a while back there was an option in Spare Parts that "saved home screen" so when returning home, there was no problem. that really helped. but as of late, i was running Dark SE 24k with the 24K Home++. i could not be more impressed with Home++. i will take Home++ over helix any day of the week! the app draw is absolutely flawless, even when i have tons of stuff running it wont skip a beat. unlike these Helix launchers that sluggishly do their thing.

in conclusion, i would love to see a ROM that is rockin a cyanogen themed Home++ with lwp support.

movadoevo8

Reaction score
ive been running the newest Jrummy rom and for the most part up til like last 6 days or so... the helix 1 has been really slow... it seems like almost every time im in a menu or program or game... when i come out of it back to the home page the homepage is blank...and takes idk up to like 5-30 seconds to load icons.. during this process my phone is basically locked up.

anyone else have this issudancedroide...on this rom or any other rom and may of found a solution

Do yourselves a favorite and DOWNLOAD "LAUNCHERPRO BETA" its a new launcher that has been out for a few days and OMG it's super smooth scrolling between screens, APP DRAWER and it even has up to 7 screens. I came from Helix1 because to me it was the fastest, but this new one is about double the speed in my opinion and the smoothness you cannot even compared.

BigG422

Reaction score

You are freaking AWESOME. Finally fixed my only gripe with the custom rom I am running. Phone now flies once more. thanks again.

Edit: SOB I retract my statement. Phone is still going back to home screen slow sometimes, now always but enough to be annoying. I tried the Launcherpro beta and its the same slow crap :-(