Helix Takes us ~50% of CPU

brando56894

Reaction score
Ive been rooted and used custom roms since two days after I got my moto droid and I've always found that the original helix launcher will use up about 30-60% of the cpu for a few minutes and it will drop back down, its really annoying when I wake my phone up quickly switch apps and then switch screens and stuff. I really like it but it at times it really eats up my processor.

I'm overclocked to 1.2GHz so there definitely shouldn't be any lag, has anyone else noticed this? Helix 2 for me is even worse (sometimes to the point where my phone is completely unresponsive for a few minutes)

Moondonkey

Reaction score
I have had this issue with the Helix 2 launcher, but not with the original.

I run the original with BB 1.0 at 1ghz most of the time, and my phone runs velvety smooth!

OP
B

brando56894

Reaction score
I think it may have something to do with all the monitoring apps and stuff I have running or maybe files are getting corrupted. I had a market problem before and no one could seem to solve it (I tried everything!) and since it was in my backup (the error, where ever it was, was buried somewhere in my data partition) I had to reinstall 150 apps manually! that was a blast! [sarcasm]

It got to the point where it would like for like 30-60 seconds while waking the screen up, switching home screens and launching apps. Slacker radio kept randomly closing (not force closing/crashing, just normal exiting) too and would either stop playing songs a few seconds in and skip to the next song.

Hoping to remedy it I just reflashed the 2.0.1 SBF and I'm going to wipe /data now since it restored my apps (which are apparently synced to google?) and just for the hell of it, so I know I'm 100% clean. Then I'm gonna root with DMupdater and flash BBv1, restore my /data partition that I had from when I originally installed the clean BBv1 after I installed all those apps. If it still screws up I'm gonna wipe data again a few times and install them manually again. I wish there was a batch downloader/installer for stuff like this!

I report back my findings.