headphone jack not working solution

mightyjamesloue

Reaction score
I read alot of post about headphone jacks giving out and i wanted to share my solution after fixing mine. i have a droid 3 and i noticed my headphone would not work at all checked for lint, dirt, cobwebs u name it and nothing. i did however notice my 3.5mm plugs never clicked very tightly my solution was take a needle( dont use a staple like i did at work) and lighty pull up on the little tab at the top of the jack insert plug and feel for click and enjoy hope this helps

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Hello and welcome to the droid forums.. :) so you had a loose connection..

Awesome work around... but I just want to say that a person can damage their plug by doing this...so be careful. :)

OP
M

mightyjamesloue

Reaction score
I deff agree luckily I have my warranty and some true idiots at my local store and yeah the top connection had backed up tight inside of the housing and needed some adjustment

djflexmaster79

Reaction score
Well for my first post, I tried this a few mins ago, and it worked. There was no dirt, dust, lint, or anything in there. I believe it might have been a bad connection..

Thanks....

DJ

AmazingDJ

Reaction score
Hello,

I solved my non-working Droid3 headphone jack problem today. There was "stuff" down in there. Blowing it with compressed air did nothing, except maybe force the junk further inside. I pulled the battery, then straightened out a paper clip. It was one of those paper clips with the serrated grooves down it. Then held the phone upside-down and GENTLY rooted around in the "bottom" of the jack for junk. I can't believe I got three rounds of junk out of there. It was like wooden pencil shavings. It was curly pieces of brown wood or cardboard shavings, probably from my pocket. Anyway, now the jack fully works. We have sound! I plugged in some headphones and jammed!

Thanks for the inspiration to "do" something about my months-long broken headphone jack! :icon_ banana:

dmwoods

Reaction score
This happened to my Galaxy Nexus last year. If cleaning doesn't work, try SoundAbout in Google Play.