Different headphone jack issue

atwooooood

Reaction score
:update: Different headphone jack issue

I have searched the boards for my particular issue and haven't found any results. This is my third droid, my first one had the loose connection/crackling problem, my 2nd one was fine in regards to the headphone jack but had some other issues, and I just received my third droid today.

The problem i'm having is when i plug in headphones, they don't click and stay in there. If i barely pull on the cord when the headphones are plugged in, they come right out. Some headphones do stay in, but a few others i have and the auxiliary cord i use in my car 90% of the time don't, and i made sure to check that the auxiliary cord works on my other 2 droids and it does.

Anyone else have this issue or any way to fix it? Or am i just going to have to go on number 4. :/

update- So i went in and relayed my problem with them and they said since their verizon headphones plugged into it that it's not considered defective, that they don't support 3rd party products, even though my auxiliary cords fit snugly in my other 2 droids, but to them that doesn't matter. I took my chances on a 4th phone but they said if it doesn't work with that one then they wont send me anymore.

akstyle450

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Current Phone Model
pixel xl
i have this issue with one of my headphones but i gladly switched to the motorokr s9 headset and i love it.
but also with mine, sometimes when you move the jack from side to side, it plays only on one side of the headphones

OP
A

atwooooood

Reaction score
Well most of my actual headphones work with it with the exception of my nice studio headphones, but the main issue is that the auxiliary cord i use in my car doesn't stay connected in it, and i use it in my car 95% of the time. I don't understand what would cause some headphone plugs to snap in and some not to.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
that is an issue with the droid, you may be able to hound vzw about that to get a d2 or a d inc.

OP
A

atwooooood

Reaction score
I was wondering about that pilotcharles, can they give me a different phone like the Droid 2 considering i've had 2 replacements of the droid 1 so far?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I am sure if you keep banging and complaining they have to give you a device that is similar. You might not get the droid x, but I think you may can get an inc. Not promising you anything since I dont work for vzw.

OP
A

atwooooood

Reaction score
Well its worth the try. This is my third droid since i got my first one in late April and i'm starting to get a little fed up.

searayman

Reaction score
I have this same problem and am trying to get it resolved now. I love my droid but sucks not being able to play it in the car

OP
A

atwooooood

Reaction score
I agree searayman, this is a definite annoyance. Other than having the physical keyboard compared to the other droids, I got the moto droid because it came with the 16gb SD card so I could give my girlfriend's Ipod back that I've been borrowing for months and not being able to use the damn thing for what i really want it for is annoying.

I just received my fourth droid today, and aside from 2 of the soft keys being purple, everything else works. Those purple LED's are annoying but I'm just glad the damn thing works.

searayman

Reaction score
I am still waiting for best buy mobile to help me. I finally thought I got through to them and now they haven't gotten back to me in a week....