Headphone jack dead...

BravoKilo

Reaction score
Read all the other posts on the headphone bug, but as of the other day, it seems like my headphone jack is simply dead. External speaker works just fine, but nothing out of the headphones. Worked the last time I used it (about a week ago), but nothing now... and I've tried multiple headphones/earbuds that do indeed work so it's something with the phone.

My guess is it's a dead connection but was hoping to hear any comments before I deal with getting this thing replaced...

:icon_evil:

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Or you can save all that money, go to Verizon, show them whats wrong.

OP
B

BravoKilo

Reaction score
thanks for the replies guys

pretty sure I'm going to take it in this week and have them swap it out for a new phone... have everything backed up so the only issue is getting a replacement skin from invisibleSHIELD -- they have their warranty but thing was a bit of a PITA putting it on in the first place :mad:

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I think they might be able to just switch out the jack.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think they might be able to just switch out the jack.

Not likely. Taking the Droid apart is a MAJOR PIA... there's really no way to take it apart w/o access to replacement parts like the piece around the camera and the grill for the speaker (i.e. these are glued on and are damaged/distorted during removal). VZW stores aren't in to fixing hardware issues as it's cheaper for them just to have Moto replace it (as it's covered under warranty).

Going from other threads here and elsewhere you are better off NOT using the jack if possible (i.e. use BT). The way the jack assembly is 'placed' inside the case assures that it WILL come loose and have issues with use as it is NOT really connected to the board (i.e. no cable connection or anything secure). Yet another reminder of why I generally don't buy Moto products. As much as I love the Droid I'll be going to the Desire when it comes out:icon_ banana: (according to one thread Assurion is issuing them as a replacement as they are out of Droids at the moment).