HDMI cable

datboiwizzie

Reaction score
Will this work? I thought we had to have the adapter piece for this

ForumRunner_20120719_001002.png

Black05Hemi

Reaction score
I'm interested in the answer to this...If it works without the adapter, i'm buying this cable from Monoprice for $5

BamBammm

Reaction score
Here are some HDMI cables, there are some good prices now, along with the customer reviews, and more times than not free shipping :) Amazon.com: HDMI

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
None of those will work because there's no micro HDMI port on the S3. You'll need a MHL adapter plus a HDMI cable. And due to some differences in the pins for the micro USB port, the S3 won't work with older MHL adapters and will require a specific newer one. So, at this point, it seems like you need to buy the Samsung MHL adapter that's made for the S3 along with a standard HDMI cable in order to get it working.

datboiwizzie

Reaction score
bsweetness said:
None of those will work because there's no micro HDMI port on the S3. You'll need a MHL adapter plus a HDMI cable. And due to some differences in how the pins for the micro USB port, the S3 won't work with older MHL adapters and will require a specific newer one. So, at this point, it seems like you need to buy the Samsung MHL adapter that's made for the S3 along with a standard HDMI cable in order to get it working.

Thats what i thought. Was wondering why Verizon would be advertising that the micro hdmi would work

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
What the hell was Samsung thinking, tell me what will I, and thousands of other people will do with their existing MHL adapters. Plus I will not buy that overpriced Samsung one.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
What the hell was Samsung thinking, tell me what will I, and thousands of other people will do with their existing MHL adapters. Plus I will not buy that overpriced Samsung one.

Here, Here. Sitting here with two that i bought for my Rezound.
I thought cables were becoming more streamlined so they were compatible across brands. I have one power cable for my wife's Eris phone, one for my Rezound, another for my sons droid X, another for the stupid Ipod, and none of those are the typical mini usb cables that came with my digital camera. Now a new MHL adapter to carry as well. I'm going to start needing a briefcase just for my cables.