HDMI Adapter?

Reaction score

jseah

Reaction score
If you go to the Samsung website and register your Note 2, they will send you a coupon code good for 50% off of up to 10 mobile accessories. The coupon will be good for about a month and a half. That would knock the price down to $15.

wcjeep

Reaction score
Not sure about the Note (2). With the Nexus and GS3 the mhl adapters were different generations. There was an adapter to convert from one generation to the next. The GS3 gen mhl was capable of more colors. Slightly better resolution on the TV.

OP
blazingdisciple
Reaction score
Not sure about the Note (2). With the Nexus and GS3 the mhl adapters were different generations. There was an adapter to convert from one generation to the next. The GS3 gen mhl was capable of more colors. Slightly better resolution on the TV.

Where did you see this? I registered and didn't get anything. I even asked in chat and they didn't know what I was talking about.

EDIT: Even though the rep had no idea what I was talking about, I still received an email with the coupon. Rad!!!! This should be made more public to the forums!

Last edited:

wcjeep

Reaction score
I'm only saying make sure the mhl adapter is the correct version for your device.

OP
blazingdisciple
Reaction score
Yeah, it's sold out and so is the one with the adapter. I don't understand why these manufacturers can't keep things in stock. I was thinking about the aircast thing but I've heard the audio quality is ****.

jseah

Reaction score
Yeah, it's sold out and so is the one with the adapter. I don't understand why these manufacturers can't keep things in stock. I was thinking about the aircast thing but I've heard the audio quality is ****.

The coupon should be good until the second half of January. Maybe they'll get them back in stock before then.

randytho

Reaction score
Remember the Note II also does DLNA streaming ;) just load your video in the video player then in the upper left click the little tv icon and joila you are streaming to your dlna enabled tv. ;)

dominick_7

Reaction score
Had a few questions about the HDMI adapter. Was intending to buy one from samsung.com using the 50% off coupon code they give you, but noticed they had 2, an 11 pin one then a 5-11 pin adapter. Was wondering was which one we need for the Note 2, and why one would need the 5-11 pin adapter one? Another thing I was wondering was how it works with video in 1080p and if it requires that we have it plugged in in order to get it to play on an HDTV? One other thing I was wondering was are there ones that don't require it to be plugged in? Thanks.

xtor

Reaction score
Had a few questions about the HDMI adapter. Was intending to buy one from samsung.com using the 50% off coupon code they give you, but noticed they had 2, an 11 pin one then a 5-11 pin adapter. Was wondering was which one we need for the Note 2, and why one would need the 5-11 pin adapter one? Another thing I was wondering was how it works with video in 1080p and if it requires that we have it plugged in in order to get it to play on an HDTV? One other thing I was wondering was are there ones that don't require it to be plugged in? Thanks.

You can buy the plug in hdmi Samsung adapter on Amazon for 17- I just ordered mine

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS! SENT FROM NOTE 2