HD dock

polack

Reaction score
I have question. I made my own docks for my D1. Now i want to make my own dock for my razr. In my travel dock i see the magnet is at the top to set it into car dock mode. Is the same spot used for the home dock mode just reversing the polarity?

moabion

Reaction score
HD Dock not charging phone

Hmmm I have had 2 HD Docks now for my RAZR and both connect well to HDMI port but USB won't charge phone. Same cable to the phone directly and all is fine, cable to dock, phone to dock. Nothing. Replaced once and 2nd one was exactly the same. I guess if it works for others it's worth trying again to get another....
One think I noticed is that the HDMI plug sticks out farther than the USB in the molding of the Dock. Is is that way on the ones that actually charge the phone???
TIA

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Hmmm I have had 2 HD Docks now for my RAZR and both connect well to HDMI port but USB won't charge phone. Same cable to the phone directly and all is fine, cable to dock, phone to dock. Nothing. Replaced once and 2nd one was exactly the same. I guess if it works for others it's worth trying again to get another....
One think I noticed is that the HDMI plug sticks out farther than the USB in the molding of the Dock. Is is that way on the ones that actually charge the phone???
TIA

Not on mine. Both plugs are flush with each other and mine does charge.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2 using Google voice to text. Please excuse and minor spelling, punctuation, capitalization or grammatical errors.

texbuck

Reaction score
TIA

It sounds like your HDMI plug isn't letting the USB plug seat fully, so it can't charge. Look closely at how far it's seated when in the dock to see if it's all the way in.

texbuck

lovemyram4x4

Reaction score
moabion said:
TIA

What USB are plugging into the HD dock? If it's not the 750mA one that came with it or the phone & say a 500mA like a PC USB that's why.

Dingbat

Reaction score
What USB are plugging into the HD dock? If it's not the 750mA one that came with it or the phone & say a 500mA like a PC USB that's why.
Is there a way of inentifying the cord "that came with it"? I have so many. I do have one that says ECOMOTO and has the Moto Logo on it. SKN5004A link here Amazon.com: Motorola SKN5004A ECOMOTO Micro USB Data Cable for MOTOROLA DROID A855 Motorola Cliq Karma QA1 Rival A455 Hint QA30 ZINE ZN5 ZN4 Krave E8 ROKR V9m RAZR2 and other Motorola micro USB devices: Computers & Accessories Thanks!

PS: how do you stop it from sleeping when in HD Dock? I can't find a setting for that. Again, thanks.

Last edited:

paulhusker

Reaction score
Have thought of buying the HDMI dock since I've seen them as low as $30 on ebay. Couple of questions:

1) Does the front facing camera work when hooked to the Dock so you could have a video conversation? I'm guessing not but thought I would ask.

2) I see the latest HDMI Dock has an HDMI hookup for the normal size HDMI cable. Is the picture better w/ the bigger HDMI hookup than the former Dock that used the mini HDMI output dock?

I already have an HDMI cable w/ a mini end that then plugs in to my HDTV w/ a big HDMI on the other end. I also have downloaded this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.redsulfur.razrdock It has the same options as the HDMI dock w/ webtop, etc when you plug it into your TV via the mini HDMI and it's free. I mainly want to know if the picture when viewing pictures, videos, and webpages is better with the Dock than hooking it up w/ a mini HDMI and the Razr Dock App.

Thanks!