HBO Now Coming to Xbox One Just in Time for 'Game of Thrones' Weekend Premier

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
hbo-now-xbox-one.jpg

Here's a cool bit of Off Topic news for you folks on this slow Thursday afternoon.

If you are a big Game of Thrones fan (or any of the other great shows and movies available on HBO), and you have been frustrated by the lack of an HBO Now app for your Xbox One, then today will bring you relief. Microsoft just announced the availability of the HBO Now streaming service on their Xbox One platform!

For those who haven't heard of HBO Now, it's a version of HBO designed for "cable cutters," because it's a separate, stand-alone streaming version of the HBO service, which doesn't require you to have a cable TV subscription. It costs $14.99 per month, and gives you access to all of the same great content you normally have on HBO with a cable subscription. You can even use the Kinect motion and voice controls to find and watch your favorite HBO shows! Nifty!

Don't forget to check out our sister-site at XboxOneForums.net!

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Just renewed my HBO now account. Time to see who lives and who dies.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Please be careful not to reveal any spoilers! :p

I may have to wait until this summer when they release this new season on Amazon or BluRay. My home theater setup won't let me plug in both my PS3 and a Roku at the same time... [It only has coax and one optical audio input - it was bought before HDMI was released.]

I wish Sony and HBO would team up to bring HBO Now to the PS3 and PS4. :(