Having trouble going back to JB 4.1.2

btstarcher

Reaction score
Last night I "upgraded" to 4.1.2 OTA; everything worked fine, I even kept root. Then I flashed Carbon Rom Port, and it was mostly working OK, but a few issues (mostly just Play Store problems) made me decide to flash Kexec kernel. Well that was a mistake; it made everything worse. So I decided to re-flash the OEM 4.1.2. I rebooted to the stock ROM, removed Safestrap, and temp unrooted using Voodoo (the same things I had done when I flashed OTA) and rebooted into stock recovery. Selected "Update from external card" and selected the OEM file I had downloaded; Blur_Version.6.7.246.XT875.Verizon.en.US.zip. It installs, then the setup fails, and when I try to reboot it gets hung up at the boot screen every time.

Well I can get it to boot with stock 4.1.2, but it never lets me get to the home screen or open any applications. I can get to settings and clear notifications just fine. It crashes only when I reboot. This is weird.

I should probably add that I've had this phone for only a day, and it's my very first Motorola device; I've always used HTC devices.

OP
B

btstarcher

Reaction score
Damn. It would be that simple. I'll see if that works; I don't see why it wouldn't. Thanks. I guess I just didn't realize that the JB FXZ file was out; must have been looking at old threads on XDA last night. It's all kind of a blur now.

OP
B

btstarcher

Reaction score
Well hell...got an error message, "Failed flashing process. 6/21 flash "cdt.bin" -> Phone returns FAIL." Good times....LOL

EDIT: Tried again....this time with the correct FXZ file. This time error message was "Failed flashing process. 5/24 oem fb_mode_set -> Phone returns FAIL."

Last edited:
OP
B

btstarcher

Reaction score
OK, I found Droid bionic JB FXZ help! - xda-developers, and did this:

1. open the file : cdma_targa_9.8.2O-72_VZW-22_cfc
2. remove the line : <step operation="oem" var="fb_mode_set" /> AND <step operation="oem" var="fb_mode_clear" />
3. Save
4. Try flash use RSD

It's currently recompressing; hopefully it will fix it.

EDIT: That worked; running just fine now!

Last edited: