Having 2 general issues .. All help appreciated!

ciegasordomuda

Reaction score
Hey .. I have 2 issues with my droid that , being that I've been lazy :icon_eek: , I have never sought help with ..
- It seems that when I'm on the phone, if i need to access the keypad or speaker the screen only lights up for half a second and I can't push the needed buttons .. any way to make this screen stay open longer besides sliding the keyboard open?

- Is there a way to set my phone so that when I go to websites, it opens up the regular, full website and not the mobile one? .. IE facebook always opens facebook mobile and I want the regular full site automatically.

Thanks!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey .. I have 2 issues with my droid that , being that I've been lazy :icon_eek: , I have never sought help with ..
- It seems that when I'm on the phone, if i need to access the keypad or speaker the screen only lights up for half a second and I can't push the needed buttons .. any way to make this screen stay open longer besides sliding the keyboard open?

- Is there a way to set my phone so that when I go to websites, it opens up the regular, full website and not the mobile one? .. IE facebook always opens facebook mobile and I want the regular full site automatically.

Thanks!

1. Download an app called Screebl. It will keep your phone lit for the call but you need to be cautious that your face doesn't push the screen buttons.

2. I don't see a way in the stock browser. Maybe I'm missing it or maybe one of the other browsers can do that for you like Dophin HD.

aldaudio

Reaction score

Thanks!

for #2, just go to the website on your phone, usually those sites have a link to their regular site, then add that to your favorites. thats the only solution i can think of.

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
To get full version of websites, I guess it depends on the browser. With the default one you can type about:debug in the URL window. Then click the menu button > more > settings. Scroll to the bottom to see the debug options and change the user agent (UAString is what it is called on mine). You can change it to Android, iPhone, or Desktop.