Have I been hacked or what????

jeremy9459

Reaction score
Over the past few days strange things have been going on with my phone that I did not think was possible. I had someone send me a pic message that I saved to my SD card. I then deleted the text message thread. 12 hours later my wife gets a pic message on her phone of the pic that I was sent 12 hours earlier by someone else that my wife does not even know. After feeling like she had done something to my phone to spy on me I looked at my usage detail online. In the month of March I have 7 different items on my details that make no sense. They are showing that her number sent herself a pic message. They look like this on my bill. [email protected] sent a pic message to 000-000-0000. Both numbers are the same. They are not all zeros but I am not going to put her real number on here. 5 of the times it says it was received and 2 of the times it says it was sent. She is not on my account at all. How can she be making my phone send her pics without even touching my phone. I always have it on me and it has a pattern lock on it. Did she install a third party app on my phone before I installed the pattern lock or is she doing it remotely. I need to find out what is going on and how to stop it. Please help soon.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
There are spy apps that will do exactly as you've described. If she has access to your phone, she can easily setup an app.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Like Urban said there are apps capable of doing so via remote access. I'm not aware of any though nor do I have any interest.

As for figuring out which app it is, I'm not sure either, I would imagine an app with so much control would allow the icon to be hidden. One way you can get rid of it is possibly factory resetting your phone. Or if you can find the app through the app drawer or checking the apps in your settings.

On a side note, this thread seems to have some touchy subjects going on. Let's just stick to helping the OP with the app and away from any personal problem they may have.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
(Assuming you have a DX and running the latest f/w)

Go to Menu > Settings > Location & Security Settings > Select Device administrators

This is based off my experience with different security/finding applications. It's possible this app uses this section to do certain things. Look at the list and see if there is anything that you don't know there. Admin Notifier is okay, but if there's anything else there that you don't know about look into it.

If you don't find anything there go to menu > Manage Apps > Downloaded

Look through the list carefully, and make notes of everything there. Everything in this list is stuff you downloaded. Look at it, and if there is ANYTHING there that does not ring a bell. Look into it. And it can be ANYTHING. The app may have a way to "mask" itself as something else. I believe AVAST security app does this with the lost/finder portion of it.

Another option MAY BE to use an app like Lookout. Correct me if I'm wrong, but maybe the scanner on that will pick up the app as "naughty" or something.

Ultimately, you can also do a factory reset.

For the future you may want to put up a pattern lock or pin number lock on your phone. You can do that by: Menu > Settings > Location & Security settings > Security section

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
(Assuming you have a DX and running the latest f/w)

Go to Menu > Settings > Location & Security Settings > Select Device administrators

This is based off my experience with different security/finding applications. It's possible this app uses this section to do certain things. Look at the list and see if there is anything that you don't know there. Admin Notifier is okay, but if there's anything else there that you don't know about look into it.

If you don't find anything there go to menu > Manage Apps > Downloaded

Look through the list carefully, and make notes of everything there. Everything in this list is stuff you downloaded. Look at it, and if there is ANYTHING there that does not ring a bell. Look into it. And it can be ANYTHING. The app may have a way to "mask" itself as something else. I believe AVAST security app does this with the lost/finder portion of it.

Another option MAY BE to use an app like Lookout. Correct me if I'm wrong, but maybe the scanner on that will pick up the app as "naughty" or something.

Ultimately, you can also do a factory reset.

For the future you may want to put up a pattern lock or pin number lock on your phone. You can do that by: Menu > Settings > Location & Security settings > Security section

Great advice. Also, check on your SD card for any apk files that could have been saved on it and installed from there. They wouldn't show up in the download list, but if someone was trying to fly under the radar and install something in a rogue fashion, the best way would be a direct transfer on the SD. Of course if they're really careful they'd also delete it afterwards.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk