Have apps moved to SD card, will FDR cause issues?

TheFrequency

Reaction score
I have been experiencing serious slowdowns and GPS locking problems on my maxx, and I think it's time to do a FDR. I have most of my apps moved to the SD card right now. It's my understanding a FDR will only wipe the apps on the internal drive. Do I need to do anything special with my apps on the SD card?

Also, I've been looking for an explanation of the best way to do a FDR with the Maxx on the forums but can't seem to find clear instructions. Can anyone point me in the right direction or briefly explain the best way? Thanks!

Edit - I'm running the .215 leak if that makes any difference

Last edited:

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I would also remove the SD card just to be safe.

As far as doing a FDR you can go to Settings>Privacy>FDR

Or you can boot into Recovery, power off phone, press and hold both volume button and the power button, volume down to recovery and volume up to select, when you get to the Android guy on his back press both volume buttons, volume down to Wipe Data and power button to select, then finally volume down or up to go to YES and power button to select.

I would do two FDR's back to back and clear the cache after the final one just to make sure you get it nice and clean.

OP
T

TheFrequency

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Unfortunately since the fdr i have TERRIBLE signal. Either no signal at all or barely 1x. Any suggestions?

Also i have reset it 4 times at this point.

Last edited:

aarong03

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Unfortunately since the fdr i have TERRIBLE signal. Either no signal at all or barely 1x. Any suggestions?

Also i have reset it 4 times at this point.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...51bGwsMSwyLDEsIm5ldC5hbmRpcmMubHRlb25mb2ZmIl0. I don't know if you tried this or if you have good 4G coverage. But I use this app to stay on 3G, because 4G sucks in my area. Your phone might be looking for 4G only. With this app you can change it to look for 3G only and not waste battery looking for 4G. I'm just suggesting this but I don't know if it will help.