Have a Bionic with grandfathered unlimited 4g. Should I get a Razr maxx before .....

trueangla

Reaction score
June 28th when new plans kick in. I have an available upgrade. Seriously considering this. Also who has the Razr maxx for the cheapest price, thanks?

zirkdog

Reaction score
I say yes to the upgrade. Best selling phone, wit lots of support and a good following. Check out amazon or Costco (if you have a membership) for best prices. Yes you can keep unlimited when ordering online. For the record, I have a BIONIC, it was my first ever smart phone. I bought it just after the RAZR was released when the Costco price for the BIONIC took a big drop. I didn't know what to expect. So far the phone has worked out great for me in spite of what the boards say. Hindsight being what it is, I wish I would have waited a few months for the MAXX.

If you want the latest and greatest maybe the SIII is worth a look.

Last edited:

rumblee1

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm going to wait for the maxx hd. I'll keep my unlimited data and just pay full retail. If it's like the galaxy s3, it'll only be in the five hundred range.

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
Honestly, if I had an upgrade available today I would buy the Maxx... but thats just me.
But I'm still 11 months away from an upgrade, no way to get VZW to give me an early up at this point so I'm sticking with my Bionic.

rumblee1

Reaction score
I honestly love my bionic too. Not issues. It's very fast, reliable, and gives me a full day with the extended battery. Only dissapoint was it didn't play nice with spb shell 3d. But I've got go launcher ex and am loving it.

theredminnow

Reaction score
I have missed something I believe... what is verizon doing with the new plans on June 28th?... I have unlimited grandfather in on my bionic... what changes on the 28th?

--theredminnow--

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't buy the Maxx if you already have the Bionic. Same basic thing, all you're gonna get is 200MHz clock speed bump (insignificant) and a different form factor (without the ability to change your battery once it begins to wear out). The Maxx is just not enough of an upgrade to warrant spending $$$ on it. I honestly don't understand where everyone gets the idea that it's so much better. I guess that's Moto and VZW marketing at work, since that's what THEY want you to believe.

The Bionic has one HUGE advantage over any other phone out there, too. Its screen is perfectly viewable in bright sunlight, unlike most other phones.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have missed something I believe... what is verizon doing with the new plans on June 28th?... I have unlimited grandfather in on my bionic... what changes on the 28th?

--theredminnow--

You will lose unlimited if you upgrade to a new device at subsidized pricing after this date, and be forced onto one of the new "Share Everything" plans. In order to keep unlimited data after the 28th, you will have to purchase a new phone at full retail cost.

milski65

Reaction score
I honestly love my bionic too. Not issues. It's very fast, reliable, and gives me a full day with the extended battery. Only dissapoint was it didn't play nice with spb shell 3d. But I've got go launcher ex and am loving it.

I just downloaded spb (it's purchased) and it runs great. Does it give you problems after awhile?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2