Hate moto blur contact!

bishop7262

Reaction score
I had the Droid and love it that you can click on the contact picture and a submenu would pop up with phone, sms, and email icons and you can decide what you want to do. With the Droid X it takes you into that contacts info. Will there be no way of having the contact option of the Droid on Droid X?

Arcstriker

Reaction score
I had the Droid and love it that you can click on the contact picture and a submenu would pop up with phone, sms, and email icons and you can decide what you want to do. With the Droid X it takes you into that contacts info. Will there be no way of having the contact option of the Droid on Droid X?

I know what your talking about, I used a 'contact shortcut' on my Droid to do the same thing kinda like a speed dial. But now I have to use the Motorola Widget Contact and its just not the same... Not sure why moto changed their form, or if it was Google that changed it.

TMH478

Reaction score
I'm with you guys! I added the Contact Search shortcut to my display and that helps greatly!

phatkat66

Reaction score
I dont see what the problem is? If you guys left a contact shortcut on the screen on the d1 whats so bad about the contact widget on the dX? I use the contact widgets, I actually love it. My gf I only call, my boys I call and Text so their widgets are bigger without having to add another contact shortcut with their pic all over the place. And for others their email is the shortcut.

Arcstriker

Reaction score
I dont see what the problem is? If you guys left a contact shortcut on the screen on the d1 whats so bad about the contact widget on the dX? I use the contact widgets, I actually love it. My gf I only call, my boys I call and Text so their widgets are bigger without having to add another contact shortcut with their pic all over the place. And for others their email is the shortcut.

The Contact Widget in DX is MUCH bigger... the Contact Shortcut on D1 you ONLY had a 1x1 block with the picture, you pressed the picture and it would drop a small sub menu to let you choose call, email, txt, navigate to, or Facebook. You only needed a 1x1 per person. It was nice. I use the Moto Widget now, and it takes up a 1x4 strip to have the pic,call,txt,facebook per person. or you can have JUST the pic with a 1x1 but that opens the contact sheet, AND ONLY seems to show the Google Contact photo. It won't use the Sync'd Facebook photo for some reason, maybe its just a glitch that will be fixed in the future.

phatkat66

Reaction score

The Contact Widget in DX is MUCH bigger... the Contact Shortcut on D1 you ONLY had a 1x1 block with the picture, you pressed the picture and it would drop a small sub menu to let you choose call, email, txt, navigate to, or Facebook. You only needed a 1x1 per person. It was nice. I use the Moto Widget now, and it takes up a 1x4 strip to have the pic,call,txt,facebook per person. or you can have JUST the pic with a 1x1 but that opens the contact sheet, AND ONLY seems to show the Google Contact photo. It won't use the Sync'd Facebook photo for some reason, maybe its just a glitch that will be fixed in the future.

Ooooo I see, but the contact shortcut still available through "shortcuts" when long pressing on the screen.

EDIT: Oops now I see what you guys mean. Its a whole app opening up and not just a menu asking you what you want. I got it now. Yea hope they fix that.