Has anyone used PDAnet with an LG Ally?

Mojo

Reaction score
I have a friend that is trying to get PDAnet working with their Ally. However their PC is not reconizing there phone. Any suggestions on getting this to work? Dummy proof instructions would be great.

Thanks,

Mojo

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
I just bought my daughter an Ally. I use PDAnet on my Droid. I will try on hers and let you know

izzysmom

Reaction score
I just bought my daughter an Ally. I use PDAnet on my Droid. I will try on hers and let you know

I could not get it to work this weekend either...so I too would love a PDAnet for dummies guide....

rebelrock56

Reaction score
I use it nearly everyday, these are the steps I take:

1- connect via usb cable
2- open menu>settings>applications>development and enable usb debugging (you only need to do this the first time unless you disable it)
3- start pdanet app on the phone and select "enable usb tether"
4- in the running services section of the taskbar on the laptop, right click the pdanet icon and select "connect" and then it does its verification and authenticity checks and there ya go.

I've never had a problem using these methods but I have read that many people do have problems. If that still doesn't work make sure you have installed the lg drivers which can be found at their website.

Abe911

Reaction score
I use it occasionally and it works every time. Used it many times last week on vacation with no internet or wireless access, PDANET worked perfect!

Abe

tsgeek

Reaction score
I use it nearly everyday, these are the steps I take:

1- connect via usb cable
2- open menu>settings>applications>development and enable usb debugging (you only need to do this the first time unless you disable it)
3- start pdanet app on the phone and select "enable usb tether"
4- in the running services section of the taskbar on the laptop, right click the pdanet icon and select "connect" and then it does its verification and authenticity checks and there ya go.

I've never had a problem using these methods but I have read that many people do have problems. If that still doesn't work make sure you have installed the lg drivers which can be found at their website.

I use the same steps, and have never had a problem. Works great.

davectec

Reaction score
I have a friend that is trying to get PDAnet working with their Ally. However their PC is not reconizing there phone. Any suggestions on getting this to work? Dummy proof instructions would be great.

Thanks,

Mojo
If you have issues getting your pc to recognize your ally, go to the home screen,check for the usb icon in the notifications bar, unmount your storage (who knows why maybe restrictions on port numbers) you don't need a drive for the ally.
Bottom line w/o a specific driver to assign ports , the usb works only one device at a time

drew

Reaction score
I was trying to get this working on my mother-in-law's Ally. Every time you connect the phone to a computer (both her Windows 7 and my brother-in-laws XP laptop), the phone does not say "USB Connected". It's like it doesn't even see the connection.

It seems to be a problem with the Ally, as I've read other places similar behavior.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
We use PDAnet on my Droid X and on my mom's Ally. It works pretty well. Make sure you have USB debugging turned on. I had issues with drivers with the LG, and had to download them from the LG site.

Bilgediver

Reaction score
I think it depends on your version of windows too. My gf had some issues, too. I got it working on my droid so I tried to get it working on her phone. It sort-of worked. She could get online with it but her computer would be stuck on "installing drivers", and eventually failed due to some error there (and yes I did download the latest drivers).

I eventually just rooted her phone using UniversalAndroot.apk, and she's off and running using Barnacle Wifi Tether (which DOES work with Android 2.1!)

Qasar

Reaction score
I was trying to get this working on my mother-in-law's Ally. Every time you connect the phone to a computer (both her Windows 7 and my brother-in-laws XP laptop), the phone does not say "USB Connected". It's like it doesn't even see the connection.

It seems to be a problem with the Ally, as I've read other places similar behavior.

Debugging may be activated. Check it at Settings > Application Settings > Development. Make sure USB debugging is unchecked.

lalea1860

Reaction score
I have managed to pda-net on my phone
I had installed the lg mobile drivers earlier so my pc sees my phone
It says launch pdanet and enable tether. I do not see this option?
The box popped up on my pc....but how do i do this on the phone?