Has anyone used PDAnet with an LG Ally?

chip.b

Reaction score
New to the forum I have used PDA.net on my ally even played cod black ops through the tethered connection if u still need help let me know

Sent from my Ally using DroidForums App

lalea1860

Reaction score
i hav pdanet on my pc and sd card
not able to access it on my sdcard nor use it on my phone/ally/yet

Chip B...I could use help (>%

BTW..I am PP and I am dataless ):

chip.b

Reaction score
hey lalea1860 I'm new so I'm not sure what PP and data less means exactly.but if u have downloaded the software on ur pc and have it running on ally go to network and sharing center in your pc and go to pdanets connection should look like a modem in your network conmnections and rightclick on it go to advance settings and enable sharing if it won't let u a friend of mine had to turn his windows firewall off but I'm not telling. U to do that.r u just wanting to surf or game?remember this is verizon and texts or calls will kick the connection.hope this helps fell free to ask if u need more info!!oh!phone has to be in debugging mode to access this you go to phone menu,settings,applications,development,then check debugging mode.

Last edited:

lalea1860

Reaction score
Page plus is PP...data less means I have no browsing capabilities. I am hoping I can use wifi at my friends house.
Chip, what I want to do is download astro file mgr, and universal androot to my phone as I can not go online on my phone cos I am data-less! LOL And it doesnt seems to transfer from my SD card either.
I blue toothed my old LG with my new phone and they did Pair/connect. I was trying to download my contacts to my new phone. It said it was transmitting, 10 at a time, but it did not show up on my new ally.
I am having technical difficulties out the ying yang! LOL
Do you think pdanet will assist me to get files from my PC to my phone?

chip.b

Reaction score
Ohhhh ok well I don't think it will work wo a network connection being it uses ur phone like a modem and runs ur cpu browser off verizons 3g network.that said if u try to connect it to a open wifi connection I don't know if it will piggyback and xfer ur contacts or not.I bluetoothed my contacts and then couldn't find them it did 250 people kn like 2mins.I used thinkfree office to find them.u did wat I would've done with the sd card.this is off subject but have u had ne problems with getting video texts that don't play?I installed handcent and they played fine but after update they play in top left corner now.reinstalled I'm gonna see about getting an older version of handcent maybe that will work or uninstall update just curious it very aggravatging!!

lalea1860

Reaction score
mINE ARE IN MY ALLY, TRANSFERRED VIA BLUETOOTH, BUT NOT WHERE i CAN FIND THEM AND i DO NOT HAVE A FILE MGR
Sorry for the caps! I bluetoothed them to my motoroal, and every contact was right where it should be,,,under contacts!
The ally is sposed to be a superior phone to a motorola rival. I do not understand why it cant take a name card/contact list from an LG env and place it under contacts where it should be. Then a phone that is not a LG, but a motorola, does it pronto?
I am finding lots of features that are not user friendly on the ally. Everyting is an extra step or 2..if it works at all
Back to the research table. I am on Page Plus so have no inet connection which isnt helping,,,but blue tooth did not even require the phones to be activated as they are both older phones that have been de-activated yet BT-ed perfectly!

chip.b

Reaction score
Its ok u don't have to yell!lol!;)so have u made ne progress lalea?and how bout the video texts?

lalea1860

Reaction score
well...got my contacts on the phone via bluetooth buit cant find them! LOL They did not land in the contact list like they did on my mototrola. They are on there tho, no file manager to find them. I can not use the market or download stuff cos I am data-less with page plus as they couldnt program my phone to receive it, tho I do get data with page plus.
I have tried bluetooth to my pc. I find now I need a BT adapter to my pc as it is old and i have rebuilt it a couple of times. PC works great just no BT modulater. No computer dumby here, just got a droid that is kicking my butt! LOL
I was hoping I could BTooth via PC and remove apps, so will keep trying. I do not give up easily! Once I got the picture of my phone on my pc and was going to install the univ andrrot, astro, titanium...but my pc could not install apps, needed a java file. I downloaded it and n ever got my picture back )>%

lalea1860

Reaction score
oh
i did get pda net to my phone
but it disappeared!
haunted droid lol