Has anyone recently received an email from Verizon...

tbradp

Reaction score
...subject:Congratulations - You've earned a new phone!

I get this email and I think, "Great I'm eligible for an upgrade". But when I log in to my account and try to purchase a phone all the phones are priced at full retail and it says I'm not eligible for an upgrade till March 2012.

Anyone else get this email?

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Call Verizon. What's online doesn't always jive with what's actually available. My wife had a similar situation. CSR said she had an upgrade. VZW site said she wasn't eligible for quite some time.

Al Neri

Reaction score
I did not get the email but when I log in it says I can purchase for a discount but have to wait to get my new every two discount but when I click to see the phones they are all at full price.

VZW_CS

Reaction score
Good Morning!

We can certainly help out in customer service. We have the tools to necessary to see the email communications we have sent out to you. I wanted to reach out here because judging by the subject title of the email you mentioned, it sounds like potential SPAM or phishing. If we do find this to be the case, you can forward the email to [email protected] so we can investigate any phishing attempts.

However, if it was something we sent as a special promo as we frequently do, then we will go over details of upgrades during our conversation. Please feel free to contact us on Twitter @VZWSupport or call our customer service department at 1-800-922-0204 or airtime free at *611 from your cell phone.

Thank you! :)

VZW_CS
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport