Has anyone received the FRG830 (2.2.1) update yet?

therock

Reaction score
I was one of the early testers and am under the impression the testing is over and the OTA is in progress and we were told to go ahead and post on the public forums. They reported feedback was overwhelmingly positive, particularly around improved responsiveness on the Droid.

Some of the guys are complaining about lag but most are liking it. Not a night and day difference but a bit more perky for me. For instance touch screen is more responsive and the original dial pad was dreadfully a pain for me but it is now faster to respond to the touch.

Lots of difficulties arose in the first hours but we found most of the time to uninstall the app in question and reinstall it fixed it, such as the voice search.

We seem to have more praise for battery life than complaints. Mine is good. There are changes they are not telling us for sure and you may or may not have to clear cache or reinstall apps to smooth it out.

A lot of users reported not seeing a change at all. But most had something to report. Don't be afraid.

With this update like the last update it made my Blueant bluetooth ear bud malfunction. But doing a battery pull and resetting the ear buds fixed them up.

So plan on having to do things like that rather than call Verizon or Motorola.

OP
r314bd

r314bd

Reaction score
I was one of the early testers and am under the impression the testing is over and the OTA is in progress and we were told to go ahead and post on the public forums.
What exactly is different about the News and Weather widget? The press release said that it's new, but the screenshot of the new widget someone posted looks exactly the same as the old one.

therock

Reaction score
There are more than 300 posts in the Soak Feedback forum like this,

[FONT=&quot]+1 Absolutely no problems here![/FONT]

All I know is the more I restart and such the better just like all the other updates. I did have to jump through hoops to work kinks out of my BT ear buds.

iPirate

Reaction score
did they fix the down volume button?
to:
high
med
low
vibrate
silent

Nukewire

Reaction score
I keep getting nagged to do an OTA update but I am rooted and am enjoying the Bugless Beast. Should I try the update? Do I need to unroot first?
Save the update.zip, please, and post it for people who want it. Your custom recovery image will block the install.

And, yet again, Bugless Beast doesn't kill the nag screen. Good information to have. :)

How do I save it? I got the notification and would gladly post it.

therock

Reaction score
Well I had an update.zip already and after the OTA I had two but one had a bunch of numbers in front of it. So when one comes in does it rename the previous one?

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I got it this morning. To be frank, I haven't noticed a difference. I read that there was supposed to be updates to Twitter and the news and weather widget, but everything seems to be the same. So if you don't have it yet, don't sweat it, you're not missing out on anything.

The apps are just the latest versions in the marketplace.

However, please do not say things such as "you're not missing out on anything."

For corporate users who connect to an Exchange 2007 or 2010 server, this update is critically important. It makes the built in mail client work correctly with Exchange. FRG22D renders it pretty much useless. So for these users, without this update, they are missing out on alot.