Has anyone installed 2.2 on a eris?

vacobra1

Reaction score
Has anybody installed the 2.2 on a Eris if so what steps did you use and how does it run?

OP
V

vacobra1

Reaction score
I have a rooted 2.1 overclocked to 748 now is it worth going to the 2.2? Can you save apps to the sd card

jhart15063

Reaction score
probably not, i went back to my fav. 2.1 rom (xtrROM) because the eris froyo roms still need some work

OP
V

vacobra1

Reaction score
whats the difference in xtrROM and Plainjane

mrhavoc1988

Reaction score
whats the point of updating to 2.1 or 2.2 from the stock 1.5 on the eris? ive read its faster, but for some is harder to use and the "over locking" drains your battery faster... also what is over locking?

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
whats the point of updating to 2.1 or 2.2 from the stock 1.5 on the eris? ive read its faster, but for some is harder to use and the "over locking" drains your battery faster... also what is over locking?

Stock now is 2.1 with the JUly MR.

Not sure what the advantages of 2.2 except for AppstoSD but you can do that on 2.1.

Over CLOCKING is setting the speed of your CPU above what it is rated for. Very common in the PC world for a couple of decades in gaming circles, and it is a perfect fit for these smartphones.

curlyMOB

Reaction score
OK, so I rooted my Eris with the Universal root for dummies, how do I put kaos froyo on it now?

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
OK, so I rooted my Eris with the Universal root for dummies, how do I put kaos froyo on it now?

Download the ROM and put it into the root directory of your SD Card.
Boot your phone into recovery mode:

- Shut down phone.
- Hold down volume and press power to boot into recovery mode.
- Use recovery menu to flash ROM.

One word of caution, do a NAND back-up in recovery mode prior to flashing the ROM.

curlyMOB

Reaction score
Awesome, thank you! Just tried it, it's booting up now... the suspense is killing me

This is amazing, thanks again

Last edited:

mrhavoc1988

Reaction score

Stock now is 2.1 with the JUly MR.

Not sure what the advantages of 2.2 except for AppstoSD but you can do that on 2.1.

Over CLOCKING is setting the speed of your CPU above what it is rated for. Very common in the PC world for a couple of decades in gaming circles, and it is a perfect fit for these smartphones.

ah ok, i get it now. thanks for the clarification. also anyone having any problems with the updated OS?