eris 2.1 turn into 2.2 ???

OP
C
Reaction score
ok i did that but it still says im at 2.1!!
i guess some how i have to instill a froyo 2.2???

Darkseider

Reaction score
ok i did that but it still says im at 2.1!!
i guess some how i have to instill a froyo 2.2???

OK the one click root did just that root the phone and put on a custom recovery. Now you have to download a ROM and flash the phone from the recovery console of the phone but NOT BEFORE YOU DO A BACKUP Once backed up successfully flash the new ROM which will take a couple of minutes and then you will have 2.2 on the device. My suggestion is Kaos Froyo 35-1 although I am hearing good things about ShadowRom on the Eris as well.

OP
C
Reaction score
i would like to thank everyone that helped me!!

THANK YOU!!!
but no here is my problem lol
when i call people they cant hear me, put when they call me they can but sometimes they hear clickin and im goin in and out!!
and when i play pandora.. some times it goies in and out and the symbol goes off and on....

so what should i do??

grgguy

Reaction score
OK so I installed shadow rom for eris and it works fine except no google apps , I have the seprate download for them .I dropped the update zip on the rooot and go into recovery to install but it keeps aborting .....was I not supposed to name it update zip ? P.S. this is my wifes phone .....PLEASE HELP SO I DON'T DIE TONIGHT

OP
C
Reaction score
i turned my htc eris 2.1 into a 2.2 things seem ok but heres the problems..

1) the camera dont work half the time

2)when i call people they cant hear me, put when they call me they can hear me sometimes but sometimes they hear clickin and im goin in and out!! but now they cant hear me

so what should i do??

other than that i love how it works

please help!!

OP
C
Reaction score
lol no problem dammit lol
i used what ya told to use.. its the kaosfroyo v35

well i think it was you that told me to used that lol

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ok, KaosFroYo is now up to v36. Download it from xda, and flash it to your phone, and see if that helps you out. Make sure you make a back up before you flash, and wipe your cache, factory reset, etc at least 3 times before you try to flash. It is the only wa to be sure you get a clean fresh install. Let me know how that works for you.

[ROM]KaosFroyo V36 [10/04] [FROYO] - xda-developers

Many of the FroYo ROMs have issues, as the Eris was never designed to run FroYo. Camera and phone issues were common in earlier ROMs, and they look like they are sorting out those bugs now.

Last edited:
OP
C
Reaction score
ok thanks im goin to try it now...but i just got to remember how i did it the first time lol