HTC Droid Eris Bricked

ivanc30

Reaction score
Help!! I think my HTC Eris is Bricked. It said to update system, and I tried to do that, now it only turns on to the screen where the droids with skate boards are. I have tried to restore it with the verizon android 2.1 update software manually with the sim card but has not worked. Currently it was on 1.6. Please Help!!

legalkill

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force
that happened on my wifes recently. I don't think she did an update though. We had to take it for a replacement. It was not rooted or anything mostly stock everything. They covered it under the mfg warranty. He took it to the back to trouble shoot it. I was able to boot it to the recovery console but I didn't try anything past that. I figured Verizons problem. She was on 2.1 OTA since they pushed it out.

OP
I

ivanc30

Reaction score
Thanks! But my Eris is not under warranty anymore.

xliderider

Reaction score
Thanks! But my Eris is not under warranty anymore.

The warranty is 12 months. You've had your Eris for over 12 months?

How long did you let the screen with the skateboards sit? After a rom update, it takes a real long time to boot up. If memory serves, it took over 5 minutes to get past that skateboard screen, I also thought something was wrong, but it booted up eventually.

Try again, and let it sit longer.

OP
I

ivanc30

Reaction score
I don’t have any warranty cause I know longer have my phone hooked up with Verizon , that’s why they didn’t want to put it under warranty. Also this was a gift don’t have a receipt. And I did let my phone a long time to update about 1 hour and it didn’t update, just had a triangle with exclamation in it. After about 2 hours it discharged. Now it doesn't go by droid screen.

HTC D

Reaction score
I don’t have any warranty cause I know longer have my phone hooked up with Verizon , that’s why they didn’t want to put it under warranty. Also this was a gift don’t have a receipt. And I did let my phone a long time to update about 1 hour and it didn’t update, just had a triangle with exclamation in it. After about 2 hours it discharged. Now it doesn't go by droid screen.

What update was it?

xliderider

Reaction score
I think you are good to go on getting a replacement Eris from Verizon then. It's not like you have anything that's not supposed to be on there, right? ;)

OP
I

ivanc30

Reaction score
I don't have warranty. I dont have it hooked up with Verizon anymore. Just trying to fix it so maybe I can hook it up again. I went to Verizon and they dont want to give warranty because its not hooked up anymore.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I don't have warranty. I dont have it hooked up with Verizon anymore. Just trying to fix it so maybe I can hook it up again. I went to Verizon and they dont want to give warranty because its not hooked up anymore.

It's a manufacture warranty, has nothing to do with VZW...

OP
I

ivanc30

Reaction score
It's Fixed!!!!!

I Fixed it using this tutorial.
[video=youtube;_brg2NbBmx8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_brg2NbBmx8]YouTube - How To - Root the HTC Droid Eris (www.TheUnlockr.com)[/video]

I rooted my phone and that fixed it.:icon_ banana:dancedroid

OP
I

ivanc30

Reaction score
Its Fixed !!!!

I fixed it using this tutorial!!

[video=youtube;_brg2NbBmx8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_brg2NbBmx8]YouTube - How To - Root the HTC Droid Eris (www.TheUnlockr.com)[/video]

I rooted my phone now its working perfect!! dancedroid:icon_ banana: