eris 2.2

jhart15063

Reaction score
i asked htc if the eris was going to get 2.2 because there was so much stuff about wether or not it would, and i got this.

Dear john,

I understand that you want to know if the HTC Eris will receive an Android 2.2 update. At this time, HTC does not have plans on updating the Eris to Android 2.2 Froyo. This may change in the future, so I recommend that you keep up with us on Twitter for information about updates. You can find our Twitter posts at either HTC (htc) on Twitter or community.htc.com.

To send a reply to this message or let me know I have successfully answered your question log in to our ContactUs site using your email address and your ticket number 10USCW29ENA002113.

Sincerely,

Jeffery

HTC

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
That's fine by me. The features I really wanted were in 2.1. In another year I will upgrade and they will have a sweet new phone running 3.5! dancedroid

OP
J

jhart15063

Reaction score
haha i hear on that one, i upgrade in 2 yrs so maybe theyl be on like 4.0 by then hahaha my phone will like be able to read my mind

OP
J

jhart15063

Reaction score
yeah i havent gotten up the courage to root yet im scared ill mess things up and cant find any solid ways to revert back to OTA 2.1 stock. but ive been following the kaos froyo and im waiting for it to smooth out before i decide to root or not. and i know it isnt froyo but ive really taken interest into xtrROM too.

Bluehand

Reaction score
If your Eris is rooted, there already is a 2.2 rom available.

This is true, but it runs painfully slow. Not worth it in my opinion.

Good to know. I had thought about trying to root and run 2.2. But being new to rooting, I was thinking of waiting a few months so I'd be closer to my upgrade. I figured if I bricked, then I'd just get a new phone. Since it's slow, I guess I'll not worry about it.

RootedEris

Reaction score
its not a big deal as long as someone jus improves the current froyo eris rom cause right now its bad

OP
J

jhart15063

Reaction score
yeah im gonna root if kaos can get flash to his froyo rom

jayboe

Reaction score
I just rooted my girlfriends Eris a couple of days ago, then installed Evil Eris 3.0 and used SetCpu with a few profiles for safe measure, set a Max of 768MHz and that little dude of a phone is really fast now. Probably at least twice as fast as stock.

Last edited:

jayboe

Reaction score
I just rooted my girlfriends Eris a couple of days ago, then installed Evil Eris 3.0 and used SetCpu with a few profiles for safe measure, set a Max of 768MHz and that little dude of a phone is really fast now. Probably at least twice as fast as stock.

Well, I ran into some issues with the Evil Eris rom. For some reason it just did not want to agree with the high usage. Even when I would clean the cache the phone just got slower and slower, FC's, and various other freezes.
Wiped it clean and installed the cookie rom... now my ole' lady is finally happy. Nice rom for the eris no doubt.