Has anyone ever actually gotten a response from a developer via email from the market

M

Matth3w

Just curious...I know we have a few developers here on the forums and on AllDroid, so not talking about that.

I've emailed about 10 developers of major apps on the market (like sending an email to Shapewriter letting them know about the latest bug in their update) and never gotten a response.

Just curious as to how much luck you have had with responses. I'm not complaining, as I really didn't expect to get a response.

many times....handcent,bedside,android agenda widget ...just to mention a few

abtc developer sent me a real response, but i just got a canned response from ringdroid

I sent an email to Aldiko the maker of an ebook reader app and they responded to me twice when I mentioned Nasa was making an ebook for free distribution and they might want to include it in their lists. They don't do them one at a time but do work with bigger distributors. I also suggested a way to adjust the size of images included so we could zoom in on them.

The Screebl dev answered my email within a couple hours, and continued to deal with my problem for the rest of the evening.

It all depends on the developer I guess.

I imagine most DO take your emails into consideration, but just figure they will work on the bugs and need not respond. I don't know. I'm sure they get a ton of repeat bug reports. However, the isolated incidents should be responded to imo. Good luck and don't take it personally.

Like I said, I wasn't, I was just curious what other people's experiences were. It doesn't bother me to not get a response.

I've gotten response though it was from the web about the website of an application. (Program works fine, but having trouble login in on the website)

I've emailed a bunch of devs and only one never responded. I forgot which app though.

I got a response from the "checkbook genius" developer. I'm guessing it's all just a matter of volume for most.

Yes. actually got a response on a Saturday within hours from xScope Browser...and within two days they added longpress on url for various functions.
Great responsiveness..

Back