Has anyone been able to get OTGS to work ?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Thanks @JayBusa102709 , I had tried a few others and some are able to work with it and don't need a plug-in, but what aggrivates me most of all is how cumbersome these apps are for moving files from internal to external storage. Why can't anyone make it a simple "set the destination folder", set default (either copy or move), and then simply click on a file and choose "export"?

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Thanks @JayBusa102709 , I had tried a few others and some are able to work with it and don't need a plug-in, but what aggrivates me most of all is how cumbersome these apps are for moving files from internal to external storage. Why can't anyone make it a simple "set the destination folder", set default (either copy or move), and then simply click on a file and choose "export"?

I know not everyone uses Root Explorer. But one of our members made an extension for Root Explorer. This phone doesn't support OTG, but my other one does. I use the app to transfer data via email to our office at work. This is the app Root Explorer USB Addon - Android Apps on Google Play

It may also work with the free version of the app Explorer - Android Apps on Google Play

If my memory serves me right, it has a copy & paste and/or a simple option to send. Like I said, if my memory serves me right. I've slept since the last time I used it

Tapped from a Moto X

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Corey, you may be completely correct in how it operates. As for why I hadn't given it a try, I am not rooted *(and can't root - yet)*, so I normally just don't bother with root based apps. However, I realize this will work with non-rooted phones, but just doesn't give access to the root directory. So, I may just have to give this a try.

Thanks for the reminder - from one absent-minded person to perhaps another?? LOL! ;)