has anybody went from a gb rom to verizon ics update and no brick?

93fuelslut

Reaction score
Right now I'm on gingerbread but running aokp....and was wanting to know if anyone has been in the same place, and then go back to nonsafe mode and updated to verizon ics update without any problem??....yes I know to disable safestrap.

And is the ics based aokp exactly the same as gb based aokp? Cause my aokp doesn't really have any problems

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
There have been people who had a rom on GB and had problems applying the update even though they uninstalled recovery and safestrap. Your best bet is to SBF ICS since those people spent hours troubleshooting to no avail and eventually just SBFd ICS and never looked back.

bofis

Reaction score
There have been people who had a rom on GB and had problems applying the update even though they uninstalled recovery and safestrap. Your best bet is to SBF ICS since those people spent hours troubleshooting to no avail and eventually just SBFd ICS and never looked back.

This is what I did. I had installed safestrap and was running the GB-Eclipse on my phone, SBFed the ICS leak, used the ICS tool to root it and install Safestrap again, switched to safemode and installed the ICS Eclipse and have been loving it ever since. Just make backups if you are concerned about factory resetting.