Has anybody noticed this charging behavior?

AstroBoy

Reaction score
Hi all, since I've gotten my Revolution on Friday, I have tried charging via usb from my computer, and have noticed it does not really charge like that. It seems to lose power instead of actually charging the battery. Am I the only one who is having this issue?

Sent from my VS910 4G using DroidForums

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
My DROIDX is like that.

sent from my ZombieStomped X

bwhxeon

Reaction score
I haven't experienced this with my revolution yet, but my fascinate did the same thing, but if I restarted the phone while plugged into the pc this went away and I could verify by checking battery usage and it stayed at 0%

thesavo

Reaction score
I am having this issue with the wife's Revolution. This happens with 1000mA chargers just as it does with 700-850mA chargers.

Mine isn't having the issue.

sonex51

Reaction score
Yes I have the same issue or sometimes it just charges really slowly.

Turning off power consuming circuits seems to help a lot (wifi,Bluetooth, etc) as well as leaving the phone locked (screen off).

I think its just a simple matter Pout >= Pin... USB can only supply so much.

Sent from my VS910 4G using DroidForums

thesavo

Reaction score
The issue here is that it is plugged in for 4 hours and the battery meter still reads at 40-50 %. That doesn't seem normal.

pirahna

Reaction score
All my Android phones have been like this, it seems like they are using as much energy to run as the USB cable is capable of supplying. If they do charge it is maybe 5% an hour.

kjumper187

Reaction score
No problems with the D1, but noticed it w/ my Revo. However, I left it on the USB w/ 55% bat life, killed tasks that were running, and took a nap. Woke in about an hour. 100%. Make sure you set your Revo to charge only too!