has anybody gone over 5gb on unlimited plan?

sparkynutz

Reaction score
Its been slow at work lately so I've been watching a lot of YouTube videos as well as trying different apps for my Droid incredible. I just checked my Verizon page and it says I'm at 6.5gb ish already and I have a week left in the billing cycle. I stopped using it as much as possible but I'm worried I'm going to be disconnected. Has anybody else gone over 5gb. Should I be worried or no? I didn't teather either.
Thanks,
Ryan

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
It's unlimited....quit worrying about 5gb.

I've been between 6.5 and 8.5ish a month since November....

Truly nothing to worry about at all.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
No problem, the whole 5gb talk and unlimited has a lot of people confused...

alm0614

Reaction score
i did 11GB one month.. same $30 as my dad who uses 1-2GB/ month.. no need to worry

techguru

Reaction score
Several years ago, this was an issue. The unlimited plans had in the small print that they meant 5 Gig. A couple of users who went over got their plans canceled, raised a huge fuss, and Verizon changed policies.

Now, the smartphone plans are unlimited, and have much more relaxed terms of service. However, if you are tethering without their Broadband Connect plan, and they determine you are doing it (they can, but won't unless the use really is excessive) then they may bill you as if you were using Broadband Connect.

Tethering with Broadband Connect (or any of their air-cards, MiFi, etc...) actually does have a 5gig limit with overage charges that are fairly excessive, but they count that data separate from the direct smartphone data.

I don't typically go over 5 gig anyway, but there have been several instances over the past few years where I hit 7 or 8 with no ill effects.

Alan

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
In all seriousness, how do you guys go over 5 gigs a month is beyond me, I checked my usage today and I have only used 200,000 Kb "eight days into my monthly plan", there is one million forty eight Kb in a Gig, man some of you have just too much free time on your hands. I guess being busy at work and actually working means I am one of the few, most of my data downloads are done at home on my blazing fast Wifi.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
In all seriousness, how do you guys go over 5 gigs a month is beyond me, I checked my usage today and I have only used 200,000 Kb "eight days into my monthly plan", there is one million forty eight Kb in a Gig, man some of you have just too much free time on your hands. I guess being busy at work and actually working means I am one of the few, most of my data downloads are done at home on my blazing fast Wifi.

I DL very little on mine....XM runs a good 40 hours a week on mine......

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score

I DL very little on mine....XM runs a good 40 hours a week on mine......
I have XM for my car, where do you get the XM app for the Incredible, I use Pandora on my Incredible.

cosmonaut

Reaction score
The 5g limit is on the air card and not the phones. Yes I went over it on my laptop once. It takes streaming videos and downloading files to do it. But it ain't hard to do.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
This question/concern pops up at least once a month. Maybe droidforums should include this information in the registration process.

davisa

Reaction score
i use slacker, pandora, lastfm, etc everyday and this past weekend we streamed the UFC fight and then hulu to our tv. im just over 3GB

oh and 2 days left on my cycle

topdogg

Reaction score
I used over 11GBs last month. I used wifi tether on my laptop everyday. Usually I'm around 6GBs/month.

techguru

Reaction score
High usage is almost invariably from streaming music or video. Google nav can use a good bit too.

Alan