Harry Potter AR Game By PokeMon Go Makers On The Way

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
harrypotter-jpg.78041

The next ultra viral AR game is on the way. We can all remember when PokeMon Go took the nation by storm. The game was responsible for getting millions of Americans off the couch and into the community. A few things made this game super popular. First of all it tapped in to a nostalgic fan base who either currently or at one time lived and breathed Pokemon. Secondly it integrated a never before seen, for most of those playing, game mechanic in the AR game play. Finally it sparked a sense of community. You couldn't go anywhere without seeing someone play the game. The popularity of the game encouraged others to at least give it a shot.

The summer Pokemon Go was launched it was one of the highest performing games ever. As winter set in the outdoors nature of the game meant less and less people were playing it. As spring came back around Niantic released all kinds of updates and new features to try to entice players to come back to the game, but it never could regain its former position.

Niantic is looking to utilize the same PokeMon Go formula to tap into another wildly fanatic fanbase. Niantic Labs is currently working together with Warner Bros Interactive to produce a Harry Potter AR Game. The game is scheduled to go live in 2018. An article from TechCrunch suggest the new game will be inspired by Ingress which was the same game that inspired PokeMon Go. This new game may be able to hit a new level as Augmented Reality tech has come a long way since PMG was released. The new iPhone features special hardware and software to take full advantage of AR. Devices like the Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL are perfectly set up to run the game. It looks like Niantic may have another viral hit on their hands. Is anyone looking forward to another ultra popular AR game?

via TechCrunch

Attachments

• harrypotter.jpg
    harrypotter.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 2,426

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
You can't really call something "viral" before it's even released, brother. ;)

kixfan

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 20u AT&T
Twitter
kixfan
You can't really call something "viral" before it's even released, brother. ;)
He said Niantic MAY have another viral hit.... Not really saying it is a viral hit...yet. Time will tell though.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
He said:

The next ultra viral AR game is on the way.

Not just viral. ULTRA viral.

Sent from my Moto Z2 using Tapatalk

kixfan

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 20u AT&T
Twitter
kixfan
I think this one will be as big as Pokemon Go was...maybe bigger. This one will appeal to a broad age range as well. I'll try it but I doubt I'll play it long. Just like Pokemon...it got boring after awhile.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Butter beer is disgusting.

Sent from my Moto Z2 using Tapatalk