Haptic feedback/vibrate no longer works

jozhua

Reaction score
The haptic feedback on my phone suddenly stopped working. I thought it was related to the ROM I was running(latest BB) but I tried some others and even restored to one of my older ROMs and it still no longer works. Now, if I till my ear right up to the phone and press one of the soft keys, I can hear a very faint buzz, so maybe its not a software issue. This really bums me out. Any suggestions anyone?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The haptic feedback on my phone suddenly stopped working. I thought it was related to the ROM I was running(latest BB) but I tried some others and even restored to one of my older ROMs and it still no longer works. Now, if I till my ear right up to the phone and press one of the soft keys, I can hear a very faint buzz, so maybe its not a software issue. This really bums me out. Any suggestions anyone?

When I loaded Froyo it stopped working. No big deal as far as I was concerned.

Last night out of the clear blue sky it started working again. I have no idea how it got fixed. Just a strange thing. Probably something I changed in the settings.

devinhfox

Reaction score
It's a big deal for me, as I appreciate the haptic feedback for the buttons.
It seems that in all the Froyo roms I've tried, the haptic feedback is sluggish sometimes, and sometimes a bit muted. Strange. I don't mind it being somewhat muted, but having it sluggish is not ideal.
Went back to my 2.1 Roms and they were fine.

OP
jozhua

jozhua

Reaction score
Well it came back again then I tried a different froyo ROM and now its gone. Strange that I have even rolled back to a 2.1 ROM and I still don't have it. Hoping it will start up again. Wonder what the heck is the cause?

OP
jozhua

jozhua

Reaction score
Well, been close to 48 hours and it still hasn't come back. I have wiped multiple times & restored to various older 2.0.1 & 2.1 ROMs. This just plain sucks. Guess I will try a fresh install of a 2.1 ROM but it doesn't seem promising... I'm all open for suggestions if anyone has any.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well, been close to 48 hours and it still hasn't come back. I have wiped multiple times & restored to various older 2.0.1 & 2.1 ROMs. This just plain sucks. Guess I will try a fresh install of a 2.1 ROM but it doesn't seem promising... I'm all open for suggestions if anyone has any.

How about a fresh install of Froyo without the custom ROM. Is there a law that says you have to run a custom ROM?

Hey, give it a shot. What do you have to lose?

OP
jozhua

jozhua

Reaction score

How about a fresh install of Froyo without the custom ROM. Is there a law that says you have to run a custom ROM?

Hey, give it a shot. What do you have to lose?

Thanks hook. The fresh 2.1 install of BB didn't work out. I will try your suggestion.

OP
jozhua

jozhua

Reaction score
OK an update for anyone that cares...

Rolled back to stock 2.0.1 unrooted. Didn't come back. Did the system update to 2.1 & still didn't come back so went ahead and filed a warranty claim with Vz since I would have to think this is a hardware issue. Just strange that it happened while I was on 2.2.