Haptic Feedback Question

rocky7

Reaction score
I can't seem to turn off the haptic feedback on the soft keys (menu/back/search/etc.) buttons.

I've gone to the Sound settings, and the Language and Keyboard settings (both options - 'haptic...' and 'vibrate on keypress' respectively are not checked) yet when I tap the soft keys they still are vibrating the phone. A new droid user, so forgive my ignorance if this setting is intentional.

Any ideas? Or is it just me?

Thanks!

ZPrime

Reaction score
Oddly enough, on the D2 what you are looking for is set under Settings -> "Sound".

Scroll down a bit and you'll see "haptic feedback," that's what controls the vibration on the softkeys.

By default the softkeys vibrate so you know you've pressed them. Hard to know otherwise.

OP
R

rocky7

Reaction score
Oddly enough, on the D2 what you are looking for is set under Settings -> "Sound".

Scroll down a bit and you'll see "haptic feedback," that's what controls the vibration on the softkeys.

By default the softkeys vibrate so you know you've pressed them. Hard to know otherwise.

Thanks for the help. My setting "haptic feedback" under was off. So it sounds like there is no way to turn off the vibrate when pressing the soft keys - thanks for your reply!

ZPrime

Reaction score
Weird. On the original Droid, this did shut off the vibrations from the touchkeys. Sounds like a bug to me.

Just_Cuttlefish

Reaction score
I have the same experience. With both "Haptic feedback" and "Vibrate on keypress" clearly deselected, my phone still provides haptic feedback for the softkeys, and I think for a few other on-screen events as well.

It must be a bug on Motorola's part. My DInc would not vibrate with these settings.

droidism

Reaction score
Update time with the issues. I guess you have to expect a few quirks with it being brand new and with 2.2 and all

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
i have the same problem. can't fix it and it drives me insane. think it will ever get fixed, or is my phone malfunctioning?

UNEXPECTED62

Reaction score
My girlfriends D2 does this.... and she asked me about it. I have the D1, and I was like, "oh gimme that, I can do it in 2 seconds". Of course it didn't work. I was like WTF?!!? DEFINITELY needs to be fixed. I am trying to convince her to root and maybe this will be a way to do that :)

bssappe

Reaction score
i'm having the same problem! anyone figured this out yet or is it just something we're gonna have to deal with? i got my Droid 2 as a replacement & i immediately turned all the vibrating off just like i did with my D1 but the soft keys continue to vibrate (just like what was discussed above :) )
anyone have an update or something?
thanks!

Alex Kodat

Reaction score
Just got a Droid 2, yesterday, and I have this problem, too. I like haptic feedback but my wife *hates* it. Is this the right forum to get a response from Motorola or Verizon? I suspect calling Verizon tech support would be a waste of time but maybe not? Opinions?

FWIW, it seems to look, walk, and quack like a bug.

stvn2569

Reaction score
Haptic feed back p#$%&*g me off

I think that over looked that little option in the new OTA update I hate anything that vibrates or makes a sound when you touch or press something. I really hope that they fix it in the next OTA update.
HTML:

dsprinting

Reaction score
D2 has this lingering Haptic in a stupid spot:
Settings> Language & keyboard> Multi-touch keyboard> Sound on keypress

Whola.

Cheers! DS

I can't seem to turn off the haptic feedback on the soft keys (menu/back/search/etc.) buttons.

I've gone to the Sound settings, and the Language and Keyboard settings (both options - 'haptic...' and 'vibrate on keypress' respectively are not checked) yet when I tap the soft keys they still are vibrating the phone. A new droid user, so forgive my ignorance if this setting is intentional.

Any ideas? Or is it just me?

Thanks!