Haptic Feedback Broken

MendedLogic

Reaction score
You may need to sbf back to stock and then start over only thing I can think of..

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Seriously? I hate doing that! its such a pain backing everything up and flashing roms. Im pissed right now haha

I feel your pain it is a pita but if your really missing it then only way to make sure everything is everything is to bk up,wipe and clean installs

OP
M

michaelearth

Reaction score
No one's asking so I'll just say it what's the big deal with this heptic feedback ?

My phone wont vibrate at all in any app. Not even during messages or phone calls. Trust me its pretty annoying

mr_brady

Reaction score
Perhaps the phone is defective? Other than SBF'ing and starting over, that'd be my next guess.

OP
M

michaelearth

Reaction score
Alright so where is a guide to sbf my droidx to fix thus problem?

Thanks

Jubakuba

Reaction score

Thanks

This whole thread has plenty of SBF tutorials.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=688
I still use the .340 sbf even though the gingerbread sbf was released...
Back up your apps with TB first...
SBF...
(I guess this would be the EASIEST way...and most reliable Creating a bootable linux CD soley to SBF *headache free* - Android Forums )

And then follow the instructions to get back on rooted gingerbread.
[How To] Upgrade to Rooted .596 Official Rom - xda-developers

OP
M

michaelearth

Reaction score

Thanks

This whole thread has plenty of SBF tutorials.
Droid X General - xda-developers
I still use the .340 sbf even though the gingerbread sbf was released...
Back up your apps with TB first...
SBF...
(I guess this would be the EASIEST way...and most reliable Creating a bootable linux CD soley to SBF *headache free* - Android Forums )

And then follow the instructions to get back on rooted gingerbread.
[How To] Upgrade to Rooted .596 Official Rom - xda-developers

So i looked at your links and it shows different sbf files depending on what bootloader your on or what OTA update your on and i just cant decide which one is for me.. Can someone help? Below is some of my phones info:

System version: 4.5.596
Kernel Version: 2.6.32.9

Thanks a ton

OP
M

michaelearth

Reaction score
Please somebody help me.. I need to fix this soon...

mr_brady

Reaction score
Please somebody help me.. I need to fix this soon...

NOTE: Be sure to backup anything that's important as this will erase everything on the phone (SD Card will remain untouched). Make your sure battery is charged to AT LEAST 70% prior to SBFing. I'd suggesting charging it fully just to be on the safe side. If your battery gets too low during SBFing, it won't work and you'll have to buy a new battery that's charged, borrow a friends phone to charge your battery, take your battery to a VZW store and they can charge it, or buy a TBH (Team Black Hat) Dev Cable.

I've always used this method and have never had a problem:
Complete Droid X .sbf Flashing Guide

Following the steps above will get you back to Froyo. If you bootloop after SBFing don't panic. Just boot into Stock Recovery and wipe data/cache. You then need to root it with Z4 Root, install Droid Bootstrapper or Liberty Bootstraper and boot into Clockwork Recovery. Then install Gingerbread and Liberty.

There's also a solution on the Mac using Terminal, but it's a little more complicated.

If SBFing doesn't work, I'd tend to guess it's a physical defect with the phone.

OP
M

michaelearth

Reaction score
I just sbf back to 2.2 and guess what.... haptics still do not work. Great well i will call verizon and get a replacement as i pay insurance every month. Are they still givign droid x's as replacements?

mr_brady

Reaction score
I just sbf back to 2.2 and guess what.... haptics still do not work. Great well i will call verizon and get a replacement as i pay insurance every month. Are they still givign droid x's as replacements?

Make sure you put your phone back to stock and "unroot" prior to sending the phone back to VZW. They've been known to not grant warranties or even charge you fees post-transaction if they find the phone was rooted.

OP
M

michaelearth

Reaction score
Ok so i have recieved my new Droid X and it came pre loaded with GB. Now is there a way to root it? Also it says that i have an update available too..

Thanks

shadews

Reaction score
Ok so i have recieved my new Droid X and it came pre loaded with GB. Now is there a way to root it? Also it says that i have an update available too..

Thanks

No you have to SBF back to froyo then install rooted gingerbread and liberty. I just made another post about my haptic feedback. I can't get it to turn off! I just got a replacement X from verizon because I had some bad pixels.

OP
M

michaelearth

Reaction score
No you have to SBF back to froyo then install rooted gingerbread and liberty. I just made another post about my haptic feedback. I can't get it to turn off! I just got a replacement X from verizon because I had some bad pixels.

Do i use the same sbf files i used to sbf back to stock from liberty 0.9?

Thanks