Happy Belated Birthday Google+

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Google+ just turned four yesterday. Happy belated Birthday! Google claims that over 500 Million people use their social network, (although many of those could be because of the automatic account it creates when you sign up for gmail). It's also interesting that Google didn't have any Google+ panels at their Google I/O Developer's conference recently.

This got us to thinking about the social networks, so we thought we would ask you guys your thoughts. How many of you folks use Google+? Do you use it often? Which social networks do you prefer? (Feel free to include any social network that you like, including the picture focused ones too.)

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I have it. I check it once a day or so...if I remember. Same thing with Twitter.

All of my "real-life" friends and family are entrenched in Facebook, so I am too. I use Twitter and + to follow tech sites and people with interests more in-line with those of people on this forum who I don't actually know irl. I always tell myself I'm going to start tweeting more and/or posting on +, but it never happens.

SpeJ3435

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
64GB White Nexus 6
I've been using Google+ since its beginning and with every update I use it less and less. The user interface has gone down hill and it forces you to organize your photos the way it wants you to. Now, I'm not a big Facebook person, I check it once a month, but I enjoyed the original Google+. I am almost ready to stop using it all together after this weekend of messing with it.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Google+ is dead. Just a matter of time before it's scrapped.
It's Facebook or nothing.