Handsfree Car bluetooth for Moto Android

20ducks

Reaction score
I have a Motorola HF850 bluetooth unit in my car. It is not an earpiece type product. This unit has a wire connected to my Alpine HU and will interrupt whatever is playing and switch the phone audio. It plays through the stereo speakers. A mic placed on an area on the steering wheel column centered. All work fine. btw, this is installed in a convertible. I purchased my Android believing that once I pair my new phone to the HF850 I will be able to use the handsfree device the same way. No such luck. There is some kind of incompatibility issue with it.

I am looking for solid recommendations for a similar unit that will allow the phone to be taken into the car, receive calls that will interrupt any audio playing on the HU, talk through a mic, etc., etc., etc.

What is out there that will seamlessly work with this phone and my car??

OP

20ducks

Reaction score
First of all, I drive a convertible so no overhead console. Does this unit interrupt the stereo?

SlackerX

Reaction score
I've been using the Motorola T505 and love it. Use it in the car and since it's portable, use it wherever there is a radio so I can listen to podcasts or Pandora/Slacker.

MOTOROKR T505 - Motorola

SlackerX

Reaction score
Forgot to add. If you're listening to your droid through this and a call comes in, it will stop whatever is playing and let you take the call and start back where it left off. The noise cancellation on the mic is fairly good as well. Can't do much talking with the windows down at 65mph but when driving around town up to 45mph with windows down I haven't had toooo many complaints.

Skull One

Reaction score
First of all, I drive a convertible so no overhead console. Does this unit interrupt the stereo?

No clue, I didn't have mine tied to the Radio. But the company makes multiple products and I thought you could at least browse or ask them if they can meet your needs.

OP

20ducks

Reaction score
I now have froyo, the problem with the car bluetooth unit appears to have been solved.:icon_ banana: