Handset Upgrade

wanta99gtr

Reaction score
Hey guys. I need some thoughts from everyone. I have had my Droid X for what seems like an eternity now. I came from a Samsung Rogue, then the OG Droid, Droid X. My X is really showing its age. It is constantly bogged down, slow to open/close at times. Just really showing that limited ram. I do not have to have the sexiest, newest at the time phone. A la Droid X still rocking Froyo because I love Darkslide 4.2. Question is I have been capible of an upgrade since November, money is an object as we are saving for a house. Do I get the Bionic, or wait for the Nexus/Razr Maxx to drop in price. I had the Bionic day one, but returned it because it was way too buggy. I hear with the updates it is awesome now. So what do you guys think? And I know personal preference blah blah, just looking for feedback. Thanks eveyone.

Sent from my Droid X running Darkslide 4.2

robert70

Reaction score
If I had an upgrade, my personal choice right at moment would be the bionic, I'm still rockin an x2 and its been an awesome phone for me thus far, I like the razr but I'm not so crazy about the gnex, but I'm still partial to the bionic.

Sent from the left side of the couch.

OP
wanta99gtr

wanta99gtr

Reaction score
Yeah I'm partial to the Bionic as well. I love Moto's build quality and have not had a problem with their devices. I believe the OTA fixed the issues I had with my launch Bionic. And I do like the removable battery and sd. I was more wondering I guess if the phone will hold up like my X has. I do remember the Bionic camera was horrible. As was the battery life. I would get the extended battery regardless.

OP
wanta99gtr

wanta99gtr

Reaction score
Well I upgraded day before yesterday. The Bionic is so bad ass at this point. All the issues that were present at the phones launch are not an issue anymore so far. I got the phone for 50 bucks plus the extended battery for an additional 24. Not bad for a 4g powerhouse that gets well over 12 hours of battery life with moderate use. The build quality is excellent just what i would expect. And unlike before I did not put the anti-glare screen protector on and the screen is beautiful. You can really feel the quality of the screen. I will root but not rom I like cpu control and liberty toolbox. Will tell you how it turns out.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

T

TheAlpha

Hey guys. I need some thoughts from everyone. I have had my Droid X for what seems like an eternity now. I came from a Samsung Rogue, then the OG Droid, Droid X. My X is really showing its age. It is constantly bogged down, slow to open/close at times. Just really showing that limited ram. I do not have to have the sexiest, newest at the time phone. A la Droid X still rocking Froyo because I love Darkslide 4.2. Question is I have been capible of an upgrade since November, money is an object as we are saving for a house. Do I get the Bionic, or wait for the Nexus/Razr Maxx to drop in price. I had the Bionic day one, but returned it because it was way too buggy. I hear with the updates it is awesome now. So what do you guys think? And I know personal preference blah blah, just looking for feedback. Thanks eveyone.

Language.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums