Darkslide is my Favorite of all time at this point!! One question though?!

DJSpikezz

Reaction score
I've followed these forums here for well over a year now. I used the Droid 1 and now have a Droid X, I've used almost every ROM out there for my phones. This ROM is by far one the best I've seen. In my Opinion, THE BEST to date!

I'm using Darkslide 4.2 w/Blur. My question is: Is anyone else having problems with Navigation not working? If so any suggestions on how to get it to work or should I just wait for the next release?

I'm looking forward to see what you guys do next, KEEP UP THE AWESOME WORK!!

DJ - Droid X - Darkslide 4.2 with Blur

NattyBee

Reaction score
Glad you're enjoying DarkSlide! I agree, this is by far my favorite rom to date!

As for your navigation issue: yes. Some have had issues with navigation sticking while trying to find their position, etc. Try this:
Close navigation.
Open maps, let it find your position.
Once it does, back out of maps
Open navigation and see if it works...
I believe I saw Jolly instruct someone to do that over at MyDroidWorld, and it worked...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
D

DJSpikezz

Reaction score
Right on! It worked. Opening Google maps, then navigation. Weird that you have to do that, I wonder why that is?

Oh in other news, I'm pissed that Droid-Life.com hasn't featured this ROM. Then again they haven't featured any ROMS lately except for the Liberty X one. I'm not super impressed with it. I hate the notification graphics.. bland and plain gingerbread? blah.

I'd love to learn how to do ROM's, I like how Darkslide's notification graphics work. For example when you finish installing an APP, you get the droid with the hands up in the air, soo pro! This ROM IS SOLID and PEOPLE need to get this ROM!

DJSpikezz - Droid X - Darkslide/w Blur 4.2

NattyBee

Reaction score
Right on! It worked. Opening Google maps, then navigation. Weird that you have to do that, I wonder why that is?

Oh in other news, I'm pissed that Droid-Life.com hasn't featured this ROM. Then again they haven't featured any ROMS lately except for the Liberty X one. I'm not super impressed with it. I hate the notification graphics.. bland and plain gingerbread? blah.

I'd love to learn how to do ROM's, I like how Darkslide's notification graphics work. For example when you finish installing an APP, you get the droid with the hands up in the air, soo pro! This ROM IS SOLID and PEOPLE need to get this ROM!

DJSpikezz - Droid X - Darkslide/w Blur 4.2

very good! Glad it worked for you ;) it's not something that always must be done, but sometimes this issue comes up, and these times that seems to be the way to fix :p