Handcent

lifesavin

Reaction score
I have Handcent installed on my Moto Droid. I went in an unchecked the box in the native SMS program so that I don't get notified. I am not getting a double notification like some people talk about. I am however still getting messages to that SMS program. Everyone that I receive or send shows up there. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Andy

cisco0910

Reaction score
that's just how it is. one time i made the mistake i went into the stock messaging app to delete all the threads. then i went into handcent and all the threads there were deleted. I was so pissed!!!!!!!!!!1

broosewee

Reaction score
Any sms/mms you receive or send are stored in a single 'bucket' on your phone. Handcent and the stock Messaging app are just tools that allow you to work with these messages. Therefore sms/mms are not tied directly to Handcent or any other app, they exist on your phone for any app to use. As far as I know.

Reaction score
that's just how it is. one time i made the mistake i went into the stock messaging app to delete all the threads. then i went into handcent and all the threads there were deleted. I was so pissed!!!!!!!!!!1

I did this just today. It's not being stored in two places so you don't have to worry about that. Just both apps are looking at the same set of data. I just ignore the stock messaging app.

FingersXG

Reaction score
And the photos I mean are the pics that are next to your conversation with that person.

Mine are on there already.

Handcent still uses your contacts from your phone, so any FB account associated with a contact should pull up in Handcent as well.

sarreq

Reaction score
I have Handcent installed on my Moto Droid. I went in an unchecked the box in the native SMS program so that I don't get notified. I am not getting a double notification like some people talk about. I am however still getting messages to that SMS program. Everyone that I receive or send shows up there. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Andy
yup, you will, with any android messaging app. all the user facing interface does is act as a front end for the internal messaging system service. that includes handcent, comp and the native app.

OP
L

lifesavin

Reaction score
Thanks for all the input. I thought that might be the case. Just wanted to make sure. I also deleted messages from the stock sms app only to find that they disappeared. Good thing I didn't have anything important.

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score
So is hamdcent worth it? Also doe it make itself the default or can you use each as needed?