Handcent

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
All Handcent Questions/Tips/Help Merged To Here

There seem to be a lot of Handcent related questions, issues, etc. so I'm going to merge them into this thread.

m@tt

Reaction score
Does anyone else have the issue with handcent sending double sometime triple message to the other party? Handcent is my default messanger, but lately hasn't been working correctly.

Issues I had:
Double Messaging
Won't send pictures (MMS)
Under groups have double co worker, family, friends category

If anyone knows how to fix these issues please let me know.

ekf028

Reaction score
That could be a carrier issue, my LG envy3 would do that too. My droid x does it once in awhile.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

m@tt

Reaction score
Yup my d1 did it for awhile but stopped. Now the thunderbolt started doing it. I'm using Verizon.

LadyAngler

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I have themed handcent in the past. But now I'm having trouble. Even asked my buddy Tallica. He says he has same problem. I have tested every way I can think of. Including the following:

Deleted meta and resigned. Made no changes to hdpi. After I install in astro. Handcent won't open. Nothing happens. Any idears???

Last resort is hoping The Bowers or somebody sees and can help meeeee! LOL

MAD450r

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
mad450r.spaces.live.com
you probly checked

Make sure its not in the phone twice. if it named it slightly different or if it went to system/app not data/app.

Thats where id start looking anyways.

LadyAngler

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Okay will do. Thank you! I don't think that's it though because I deleted via RE prior to installing my resigned one.

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I have had issues with Handcent doing this as well and just left it only since I really don't use. MAD posted a app that will resign an app don't know if that would help in this situation.

MAD450r

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
mad450r.spaces.live.com
Just curious

why you need to theme it that way. You can customize it so much from within the app. I been using it since I been on an android phone. I love it only thing it wont do for me is send pic/video/file to yahoo users which is why I had yahoo messenger apk themed for when I need to do so :)

most of the app you can edit colors and stuff from within or download someone elses theme
if you find there theme edit there's if need be to your liking then run it though zip.signer and see if that will make it be choosable to load from within. thats probly whats messing with you trying to just theme the actual apk.

NOT 100% sure just a guess or a try for a work around. I did the same with audiopro or whatever that widget is.. I made my edited theme so when the apk updates I just run the theme again from within the apk

LadyAngler

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Thanks so much! :) Yea. I made my own handcent theme with conversation list and bubble settings. But I wanna go a little further. The popup widget is ugly. LOL
I found some hancent skins where it will change top bar and the widget today on the market and I tried those. While the skins do install they will not apply. :-(

Thanks again for taking time to help me out. :)
I always head over to Team Inversion when I am in a pickle. This is where the brains are.:)

EDIT: I found my handcent that I had themed for the Christmas theme I had made. Sure enough. Needs to be installed with a zip. Why is that? I have themed quite a few apk's since then. Guess I forgot handcent is a pain. LOL

LadyAngler

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I got it! Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! I themed one of those handcent skins and that works and installs just fine. :-D Plus, I found where to apply it! Duhr!

LadyAngler

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yup. Prolly was exactly what you were trying to tell me what to do Mad. LOL
I know this isn't your style guys but I will show you anyway. LOL

Attachments

• snap20110509_150942.jpg
    snap20110509_150942.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 1,526
  • snap20110509_151050.jpg
    snap20110509_151050.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 520
  • snap20110509_151547.jpg
    snap20110509_151547.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 1,331

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
:woot: good job LA!! I downloaded a skin myself last night after our convo ;-)

This thread has been Thunder struck!!

LadyAngler

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Sweet! So I guess I don't need to make you one now. :p Good is a little hard for me to tame myself down! And this way will be zactly how you like it! :-D