Handcent

hortonj54

Reaction score
So I installed the handscent sms. It is great and all, but now everytime I get a text I get a notification from handcent and the built in sms. How do I turn off notifications from the built in sms? Thanks

spalding12

Reaction score
So I installed the handscent sms. It is great and all, but now everytime I get a text I get a notification from handcent and the built in sms. How do I turn off notifications from the built in sms? Thanks

go to MESSAGING
MENU KEY
SETTINGS

it's in there
good luck

OP
H

hortonj54

Reaction score
thanks, I was there before...I guess I overlooked it somehow. Thanks tho!

medicTHREE

Reaction score
You can actually go to messaging, settings, and disable auto retrieve so it isn't even retrieving the msgs.

DjSmooth

Reaction score
Thanks, that second Smiley in the Notification was driving me crazy, was just about to get on that...

u7mg0

Reaction score
i have Handcent and like it. however, is there anyway to have the screen come on when a message is received? i hate having to unlock it every time i get a text. thanks so much

huskur

Reaction score
i have Handcent and like it. however, is there anyway to have the screen come on when a message is received? i hate having to unlock it every time i get a text. thanks so much

Mine pops up right over the lock screen. It's called "quick pop-up" i think. Should be in the settings on handcent

huskur

Reaction score

Mine pops up right over the lock screen. It's called "quick pop-up" i think. Should be in the settings on handcent

just checked handcent....that is where it is....just make sure it is checked and it should work

u7mg0

Reaction score
thx for the reply

i have Screen on for Popup and show on locked both checked

does not come on. have powered down etc. hmmm

laurieb

Reaction score
I posted this in the other forum too.

I am getting texts messages on both the handcent and the stock messaging one? Get 2 notifications also for each one?

I put the stock message one in trash but still geting them in both?

Anybody know what to do?

Thanks,Laurieb

JTAC

Reaction score
To get rid of notifications for both do this.

Go into the stock messaging. Select Menu, select settings, scroll down and uncheck notifications. This will disable the stock messaging alerts.

Does anyone know how to use a custom alert/ring tone for Handcent? I want to set one up for all messages...not just one specific person.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69

just checked handcent....that is where it is....just make sure it is checked and it should work

Hmm Im in handcent setting and dont seee any popup option.

JTAC

Reaction score
I see it. Go to the screen where it shows all your contacts "text threads", select menu, select settings, under "SMS Receive Settings" there is an option for pop-up. I unchecked mine, because I don't want others to read my texts.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I see it. Go to the screen where it shows all your contacts "text threads", select menu, select settings, under "SMS Receive Settings" there is an option for pop-up. I unchecked mine, because I don't want others to read my texts.

lol thnks its there now.. I swear it wasnt 10 mins ago lol

GotnFX

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to use a custom alert/ring tone for Handcent? I want to set one up for all messages...not just one specific person.

Go into settings, scroll down to notifications and check it (says display notification in status bar). You should be able to go into notification settings. Once inside notification settings you should be able to pick a standard alert/ringtone that you have on your phone.