Handcent

t.crawford714

Reaction score
I just started using Handcent, I'm just trying to change some things up, the stock SMS got boring lol

Is there a way for it to stop notifying me for Hancent and stock? My phone vibrates 4 times and the stock app keeps saying I have messages. I even put Handcent as my default and it didn't work.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
go into the stock messaging app and disable 'auto-retrieve' and the notifications settings.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Go into the stock app, and go to the settings, and disable notifications.

OP
t.crawford714

t.crawford714

Reaction score
Another question :D

I installed a theme from the Handcent theme thingy and I want to get rid of it. Any ideas?

dakota623

Reaction score
Is it a separate app?

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

OP
t.crawford714

t.crawford714

Reaction score
No, I don't think so. I am on the Handcent text menu (with all my conversations) then menu key, settings, Handcent services, then I scroll down to Handcent themes....

erict

Reaction score
My understanding is if you disable "auto retrieve" you wont get your mms. Now I could be wrong.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

erict

Reaction score
I've been able to get MMS but I only turned off notifications.

I don't use mms so I'm not sure I am correct with my previous statement but thought I read it somewhere. Have you tested by unchecking "auto retrieve" and see if you still get them?

OP
t.crawford714

t.crawford714

Reaction score

I don't use mms so I'm not sure I am correct with my previous statement but thought I read it somewhere. Have you tested by unchecking "auto retrieve" and see if you still get them?

Yes, it asks me if I want to view it, then it gives me two options, view now or view later.

erict

Reaction score

Yes, it asks me if I want to view it, then it gives me two options, view now or view later.

I see. So if you have "auto retrieve" unchecked it ask you if you want to view it and if you have it checked it automatically opens it up, correct?

OP
t.crawford714

t.crawford714

Reaction score
That's what it did for me. Its not shutting off the radio. It just notifies you and then you have to accept to download.