Handcent SMS Notification question

gsu_golfer

Reaction score
I started using Handcent because I really like the popup SMS notification and the way that it lights my screen up so that I know I got a text. I also like that I can immediately reply without having to drag down the notification bar and press the notification.

Is there a way to make the notification in the bar go away without dragging the bar down if I DON'T want to reply? When I press the X button to make the popup go away, the notification remains in the bar.

B

bthomp21

Yes. Go in to settings. Notification settings and the uncheck the show in status bar.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

c_hale22

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I started using Handcent because I really like the popup SMS notification and the way that it lights my screen up so that I know I got a text. I also like that I can immediately reply without having to drag down the notification bar and press the notification.

Is there a way to make the notification in the bar go away without dragging the bar down if I DON'T want to reply? When I press the X button to make the popup go away, the notification remains in the bar.

Ok try settings/pop up settings/Mark Read (Messages will be marked as read when clicking "closed"

OP
G

gsu_golfer

Reaction score

Ok try settings/pop up settings/Mark Read (Messages will be marked as read when clicking "closed"

Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!

c_hale22

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!
no problem