Handcent problem

LordKastle

Reaction score
The same text message has come to my phone from the same person multiple times now. "Yes actually lol" keeps being received. Ever since 2 AM last night the response has been received 5 times. It sometimes happens when I send a response. For example I asked the person if their phone was sending it or if it was something on my end...and the same response popped up.

Is this a Handcent glitch or just the other person's phone?

cLovis_ll

Reaction score
The same text message has come to my phone from the same person multiple times now. "Yes actually lol" keeps being received. Ever since 2 AM last night the response has been received 5 times. It sometimes happens when I send a response. For example I asked the person if their phone was sending it or if it was something on my end...and the same response popped up.

Is this a Handcent glitch or just the other person's phone?

its network problem. i am getting the same thing sometimes. and my friends receive my txts multiple times as well and they aren't even on verizon.

Hector1959

Reaction score
Problems

I deleted mine, stop working and will not send files anymore. I installed again but no luck. Its out of my droid for good till new update comes out. Not sure why started doing that , it was working fine before.
:icon_eek:

OP
akj27

akj27

Reaction score
Would also like to add that I also deleted handcent. I'll wait until Motorola fixes the Droid messaging system instead of relying on 3rd party apps.

mrpbjnance

Reaction score
Has anyone tried to set the message back grounds for sent and recived. Does not seem to work properly for me and I can't come up with a good color combination.

LordKastle

Reaction score
Yes...that option is just for display right? It doesn't send the fonts in the colors chosen, correct?

I keep the background black..with the font colors a secret :X :)

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Has anyone tried to set the message back grounds for sent and recived. Does not seem to work properly for me and I can't come up with a good color combination.
yes I've changed them and it works.

I have sent in black and received in gray

bamfsig45

Reaction score
Yeah I don't understand why Apple is even an option? If I wanted a child's toy I could easily go to AT&T and get my fix.

Is there anyway to rename "Handcent" on the home screen? If not, oh well...Just set my customizations.

Leave the messaging app on your home screen and when you open it, it will give you options of what to open (ie, Handcent, Chomp SMS, Google Voice or Messaging). Select Handcent and check the always use this box.

Is there a way to undo this?

Yes, settings/applications/manage applications/handcent sms/ clear defaults.

LordKastle

Reaction score
Another question about Handcent. I set the font colors and background in the settings within a text message and it worked. But for other contacts who texted me the background and font colors go back to default.

Is there anyway to make sure every message comes in with correct background color and font or do I need to do it individually for everybody?

LordKastle

Reaction score
Still trying to see what I have to do. Is anyone else having this problem? Where you change the background and font colors in the settings within a text message but it does not transcend and continue in every text message?

I made the background black with a different font color and it works within the 1 text message contact but for everyone else's it remains default.

Hmmm

Jason

Reaction score
Still trying to see what I have to do. Is anyone else having this problem? Where you change the background and font colors in the settings within a text message but it does not transcend and continue in every text message?

I made the background black with a different font color and it works within the 1 text message contact but for everyone else's it remains default.

Hmmm

make sure that you press the setting button when you could view all your threads instead of changing when viewing one thread

SwordOfWar

Reaction score
I'm working with the developer to troubleshoot the facebook issue.

Currently handcent does not support contact pictures synced via facebook.

So far we have been able to get the program to pull some facebook display data, but still have a way to go before it will sync correctly like the contact list.

But that issue is being worked on.

SwordOfWar

Reaction score
There are a lot of better things about handcent. U can also grab all attaments out of every message on ur phone on a single screen. I also wasn't able to save mp3 attachments with the default program but handcent has no problems doing that either. It really is way better than the stock messaging program, or anything else on the market.

hufn

Reaction score
And another thing is the quicktext. That was something that was a huge issue for me as I use it frequently and the builtin messaging didn't do that. I've been using handcent and it works well :)