Handcent issues

lburley7

Reaction score
every time I receive a text message I get a screen saying complete action using hancent sms or messaging at the bottom it says use by default for this action.

I have turned off the features for the stock app, why does that keep coming up.

Also when i receive a message from handcent I get two pop up boxes. One that shows the message and the other that shows message and keyboard.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

warrior21

Reaction score
Have you checked the box and then press handcent? This should only come up once and then it should use handcent by default

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

motorider

Reaction score
id also like to know how to turn off the stock app. i get messages on both and already set handcent to be used. i still get a reminder from stock and handcent. it gets old. i am running froyo.

thanks

Gump47371

Reaction score
id also like to know how to turn off the stock app. i get messages on both and already set handcent to be used. i still get a reminder from stock and handcent. it gets old. i am running froyo.

thanks

Just go into stock app and turn off all notifications. Don't think there is a way to uninstall it or "turn it off" but just disable everything that notifies through it.

AFA OP's question, should just have to check the box for default and then choose Handcent, shouldn't ask you anymore.

kwattro

Reaction score
id also like to know how to turn off the stock app. I get messages on both and already set handcent to be used. I still get a reminder from stock and handcent. It gets old. I am running froyo.

Thanks

just go into stock app and turn off all notifications. Don't think there is a way to uninstall it or "turn it off" but just disable everything that notifies through it.

Afa op's question, should just have to check the box for default and then choose handcent, shouldn't ask you anymore.

exactly correct