Handcent help! 2 tones at once..

Mondingo

Reaction score
I just installed handcent sms on my phone.. I have selected handcent to be my default message app. But for some reason the tone for my girlfriends messages and the tone for other messages are coming through at the same time. How do I fix this? I checked settings through handcent and I see where to select make default and disable all other parties.. Disabled is checked. Is this right? Or is there something else? In other words my girlfriends tone is different than others. But both tones are playing when she sends me a text. Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Last edited:

bdawson21

Reaction score
Mine does it when i get MMS messages, but thats the only time. Have you gone to the stock text app and gone to settings to make sure the notifications there are disabled? I know you mentioned the setting about disabling other from inside handcent, but with the bionic being new and different anyways, maybe its just not getting the message from handcent somehow. hope it helps

OP
M

Mondingo

Reaction score
I just went to stock app messaging settings. If I select disable notification , will my messages still scroll through at the top on the drop down menu? Thanks for the help.. I'm a newbie..
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
M

Mondingo

Reaction score
Mine does it when i get MMS messages, but thats the only time. Have you gone to the stock text app and gone to settings to make sure the notifications there are disabled? I know you mentioned the setting about disabling other from inside handcent, but with the bionic being new and different anyways, maybe its just not getting the message from handcent somehow. hope it helps

Ok.. So I went into settings under stock messaging app.. I can't find where it said disable notification sounds. Just the status bar.. I don't want to disable status bar..

OP
M

Mondingo

Reaction score
Well your were right.. Just got it.. Thanks for ask the help. I appreciate it..