Handcent and Low Application

Takami826

Reaction score
OK I've got two issues here that are going to cause me to throw this phone across the room into a concrete wall.

1. This low memory thing is grating on my nerves. I can't UNINSTALL crap I don't use, I don't get the option. I hardly have ANY apps at all but there are some I'd like to uninstall but cannot. I've deleted all my text msgs, whittled down my photos and removed the few videos I'd taken but don't understand this issue. I have the 16gb sd card from my Moto Droid in my DInc since day 1 and never had this issue with my Moto Droid.

2. I am unsure if it's Handcent or a glitch in my phone but in the middle of typing up a text msg, the keyboard randomly disappears and the phone reverts back to the home page. (I thought this was me hitting the keyboard button but it's not) and when it goes back to the home screen, the widget at the bottom that has the + and PHONE and menu icons all "crumbles up" into the bottom right corner rendering it impossible to make a call or open my full menu. I then have to do a battery pull and reboot the phone.

3. Shortly after posting this my DInc spontaneously rebooted and I lost Facebook, Twitter, GetGlue, Foursquare, Handcent and probably a couple other things...

Last edited:

nontech.lexi

Reaction score
For the memory thing, clear your cache on all the apps and on the web browser :)

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

parfu

Reaction score
Thanks for the cache clearing tip. I started going through my apps and clearing cache and data for little used apps. Also opted for moving internet cache to SD card.

In middle of process the low space alert went away and my Gmail finally pushed through after 2-3 days of inablility.

Fingers crossed it sticks.

nontech.lexi

Reaction score
No problem, but clear cache regularly or else that aggravating message will come back.

I know from personal experience :p

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

parfu

Reaction score
I hope that is what the culprit is. Sounds easy enough to keep on top of. Too bad there isn't an alert to simply clear cache versus low space msg.

I posted my previous post on 2 related threads I saw before this one. Your tip may help several others in the same boat.

Thanks again!