Handcent and Google Voice?

Silverwing

Reaction score
Is it possible to use Handcent via my Google voice number? I am thinking about cancelling my text plan, but I think the Google voice app is not very customizable, and sort of ugly. If Handcent is not possible, is there a decent alternative?

Dragoro

Reaction score
You can but its a pain in the butt. I just use the gv app. Youll have to wait for another poster to tell ya how, I didnt bother to learn how since it was such a pain.

Reaction score
in GV options you want to go to sync and notifications and click the ticker next to "notify via text message" or something like that. I believe that is how it works. :)

Takenover83

Reaction score
Yea then you would still be getting notified via stock text. Not good if you are looking to cut your cell text plan from your bill.

Reaction score
Yea then you would still be getting notified via stock text. Not good if you are looking to cut your cell text plan from your bill.

I have unlimited text, so I guess I never gave that much thought. though my brother who has texting blocked who I just set up with GV, and tried to click the setting, and it wouldn't allow it. so makes sense that it would use up your texting minutes.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Probably not much demand for it is my guess. Have you contacted Handcent directly? Don't assume that they read these forums.